Monday, December 06, 2010
I read this today, and loved it!
"Fitness is earned, not bestowed - a process, not a magic trick - an investment, not a miracle." ~ Author unknown
Thursday, December 02, 2010
Things have been stressful at work. I won't bore anyone with the details, but our parent company in Europe is going through some restructuring, and finances are tight for a bit. My hours are cut, but I feel blessed to still have a job and be collecting a paycheck, even if it is smaller. And right before Christmas! In the past, this kind of situation would have caused me to sit at home in my jammies with ice cream and a spoon. But I realized yesterday that I haven't done that yet - instead I'm sticking with healthy eating (although I did have a hot chocolate from Starbucks. Yum!) and workouts. Yes I know they say that exercising produces endorphins, which make you feel better. But I never really realized how true this is until now. And it's not just immediately after working out - I feel better in general. That's not to say I don't still worry about the situation, but really, what good will it do me??? Not a bit! This is quite a change for me, as I'm quite the pessimist. After a rough day, I hop on the elliptical, and before I know it, an hour has passed. I'm not saying exercise and better eating habits is a magic pill that makes your worries disappear, but it certainly makes ya feel better!
Sunday, November 28, 2010
I cleaned out my closet yesterday... I got rid of EVERYTHING that is now too big: all of my 20's, 22's and some 18's. I had about 5 or 6 trash bags full. I've never done that before. Last time I lost weight, I kept everything "just in case" I needed them again. Now I have no excuse to gain the weight back. It was really hard to get rid of some of my favorite pieces of clothing. I had a couple of super cute LB jackets, one in red and the other in black and white hounds tooth. But I tried them on and they absolutely swallowed me. It only took me about 6 hours (had to try everything on), but I had no idea I had that many clothes! Some of it was just really old stuff I never wore. I hate getting rid of things, lol. Oh well, this will make getting dressed in the morning that much easier. I look forward to cleaning out my closet in another few months! I will most definitely have to go shopping in the spring, and not at Lane Bryant, Catherine's, or The Avenue! Goodbye "fat" me! Yes I know some people would still consider me fat, but that's ok. I know how far I've come, and I'm not done yet! I've almost lost my double chin and my collar bone is re-emerging after a very long absence!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
I thought if I wrote this all down now, then maybe I have a chance of sticking with it. So here's my turkey day plan:
1. I have have only ONE of the pumpkin muffins I am making for breakfast for everyone, along with a piece of the egg beater baked omelet. Going to also have my usual glass of V8 Juice. Yum!
2. I WILL go to the gym for 65 mins of cardio after breakfast.
3. I will NOT snack before dinner unless it's fruit or veggies: I have some nice crunchy cameo apples, bananas, and some baby carrots. None of the pesto (and super yummy) flat bread my mom got from TJ's. It's basically pizza.
4. I will have small helpings of everything at dinner, but only 1 dinner roll. Love those things! I will eat (a small amount) gravy and enjoy it!
5. I will only drink water, except for a single glass of sparkling apple cider. And coffee with breakfast and dessert :-)
5. After dinner I will go for a walk instead of taking a nap.
6. I will have a SMALL piece of the homemade pumpkin cheesecake my mother made. But she made it with fat free cream cheese so that we can enjoy a little real whipped cream with it :-)
7. I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES put real cream in my coffee. I have fat free half & half that's pretty good, and that's just gonna have to do!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May your day be surrounded by family, friends, good food, and exercise! The healthy choices are up to us. No one can make them for us.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BETSEY_G Posts