Friday, March 18, 2011
I stole this blog idea from THIRTEENREASONS! These are some of my favorite meals, and most of them are really quick.
* During the work week, it's always oatmeal (1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp flax seed, 1 tsp brown sugar, lots of cinnamon) and 2 hard boiled eggs (batch cooked)
* On the weekend when I have more time to cook it's usually scrambled eggs with some diced up veggies, 2 whole eggs, and 3-4 egg whites. I top it with sour cream - sounds weird but it's good!
* I batch cook tuna patties once a week: recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detai
l.asp?recipe=553028 and put them on a whole wheat bread thin bun, and top with mustard. Once tomatoes are back in season I'm going to starting adding a tomato slice in.
* Salads - I'll take leftover chicken or salmon and put it over a bed of greens with feta cheese, tomatoes, and a little bit of ranch dressing or balsamic vinegar.
* Dinner leftovers
* Sandwich: nothing too exciting. I'll usually just do turkey and cheese
* Balsamic grilled chicken breast: recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detai
* Crockpot chili: recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detai
* Fajitas: slice up some green peppers and onions, and heat it up with precooked chicken with some olive oil. Put into tortilla, top with cheddar cheese and sour cream, and enjoy! yumm
* Roasted Italian Pork Tenderloin recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detai
* Herb crusted salmon (very quick and probably my FAVORITE recipe ever): recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detai
* Pork chops w/ orange-soy sauce (this one is an incredibly quick dinner): recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detai
* I always pair dinner with a massive serving of veggies. My go-to's are broccoli, a small salad, sweet & sour cabbage ( recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detai
l.asp?recipe=30166 ), and kale chips ( smittenkitchen.com/2010/03/baked-kal
* Trader Joe's blueberry greek yogurt
* Frozen grapes, pears, apples, bananas. I'll eat bananas and apples with 1 tbsp of PB sometimes. yummy
* Green peppers or snap peas and spicy hummus
* String cheese
* Smoothies: 1 cup vanilla amond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, handful of spinach, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
* 1/2 cup Kashi GoLean crunch w/ vanilla almond milk
* Kettle popcorn
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
One habit I've been trying to change is my tendency to clean my plate, or eat everything that I've packed at once, regardless of whether I'm hungry or not.
Lately I've been stopping to think about whether I'm satisfied or not. Usually I am perfectly satisfied and stop and eat leftovers later on if I really need them. It's such a simple no-brainer kind of thing to do but it works wonderfully for me.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BETHANYBOO Posts