Tuesday, February 02, 2010
This is the gist of what I tried to post yesterday.
I had such a good time with the Spark People January Boot Camp that I was inspired to join the Read the Spark 28 Day Program team for February. It's really just the basic SP plan I'm already doing here (at a much slower pace) but they email you and cheer you on and probably have little daily To Do suggestions that I am sure will help keep me on the path to my happy goals.
And since I didn't go in to work today after all, I had time to sit and retool those goals, refine them, think again about what I want and when and how to go about getting it. So. Here are the
Long Term Goals, edition II
1. I want to wear THAT dress at the Ginormous 260 year old family reunion in August 2010
2. I want to get an assessment of 100% from my doctor at my June 2010 checkup – and maybe get off some of these medicines.
3. I want a BMI of 25 by Memorial Day 2010 (that means 150 by the end of May)
4. I want to feel confident around food all the time
5. I want to always be hydrated
6. I want to feel unhurried ... all the time AND, when I don't ...
7. I want to have a deep and readily accessible well of reserve strength and energy whenever I need them
8 . I want to get very good at Yoga – good enough to eventually become a teacher so that
9. I want to share what I learn with others ... see above
To keep me on the road to getting these long term goals I've devised some
Monthly Mile Posts
1. See measurable progress in at least 1 of 3 areas:
1000 minutes each month
2. Try one new food or recipe each month – something I've never had before.
3. Do one fun thing each month to celebrate the fact that I am on this journey. For February I'll make the vision collage and hang it up!
4. On the first day of the month devise a reward to celebrate reaching these monthly goals and claim it by the last day of the month. No shoving this reward aside. If I meet the 3 other goals I reward myself. For February – I will treat myself to a Candlelit Champagne Bubble Bath. (good thing it's on a Sunday)
In keeping with the basic Spark People Fast Break plan I have selected 3 Fast Break Goals (FBG) to fold into my life and I have added them to some of the things I'm already doing.
Daily Check List w/ FBGs
1.___Spark Time each morning with my cup of coffee, before I get on the computer I will read over my goals, think about them, tweak them if they need it, change them if they no longer seem appropriate. (FBG)
2.___Track my nutrition
3.___Drink my water
4.___Pack my lunch 4 out of 5 workdays (FBG)
5.___Do the SP Boot Camp strength training 4 out of 7 days at my gym
6.___Off the computer at 7 a.m. to go do my yoga workout (FBG)
so I see - I only have 20 more minutes to fool around on the computer - Happy February!