Wednesday, April 09, 2014
Goals I achieved for March:
1. I tracked my food & exercise for the whole month of March.
2. I sent goodies and/or comments to my team members almost everyday.
3. I did something "NICE" for myself and someone else everyday.
4. I started going through summer clothes, and packed my winter things away until they are required, which I hope is along time away.
5. I took out Easter decorations and decorated my apt. with lots of bunnies, baskets, and spring flowers.
6. I ate more veggies/fruits, but did not drink as much water as I should have.
7. I started on spring cleaning, but still have things to do.
I did not drink less coffee (some days I did but those days were few & far between). I did not cut down my cigarettes. Otherwise I feel like I did fairly well, so I am proud of myself for accomplishing those things.
Goals I have set for April:
I truly want to continue with:
1. Tracking of food & exercise daily.
2. Doing something "NICE" (for myself & others everyday)
3. Continue with my spring cleaning, and hopefully finish (but whoever gets done with cleaning?)
4. Eat more fruits/veggies and drink more water.
5. Keep up the effort of cutting down smoking.
6. Keep sending comments/goodies daily if I can...(at least to someone)
7. Now that weather is nicer, get out and ride my bike ang go walking everyday & (unless weather is a factor)
That about sums it up..I will let you know how I did in May!! Hopefully I will achieve some of these goals!!
Monday, March 31, 2014
About 2 weeks or so ago, I was sent a message saying I was selected by others as a Spark People Motivator. I thought "What is this", as I was not aware that there was such a thing. Still not knowing what it meant I went to my page, and on my page was a an emblem with Spark People Motivator. I clicked on it and it took me to the page "Motivational Spark Pages". Listed were many peoples page, and mine was there, too, (I didn't know there was a thing-guess I didn't ever go to this page, even though on many peoples pages, I had nominated them as a motivator), but didn't realize that people received anything for this. Believe me, this was just hard to understand why I had gotten this. I also thought "You mean people actually selected me?" Actually it was a little overwhelming for me, finding it hard to believe this was happening to me. I didn't realize that people actually thought I was motivating.
I'm writing this to thank anyone who thought I was. Without you, I would never have received this. A year ago I would have thought I was not worthy of this, so it has helped me to believe a little in myself.
I really don't know what to say except ""THANK YOU"" to everyone who thought I was worthy of this, and believed in me enough to make this possible.
Monday, March 24, 2014
Two Women Who Inspire Me
The first one being Helen Keller. She is remembered as a woman who overcame being blind, deaf, and mute. She fought against all odds to emerge successful. With the help of Anne Frank, she learned sign language, and went on to go to college, wrote a book, and numerous articles. She dedicated her life to improve conditions of the deaf-blind and gave hope, courage and a ray of sunshine to millions of blind people, throughout the world. She was an inspiration to many who yearned to live life as normal people, despite their disabilities. With her courage and hard work she overcame all barriers to make a mark for herself, and gave a lot to society at the same time. In time, with a lot of courage and hard work, I am hoping to overcome some of the barriers in my life, which does not even compare to the ones she overcame. Her inspiration has given me hope and strength to improve those barriers, but I realize it will not happen overnight.
My Mom is the woman in my life now who has very much inspired me. She worked so hard raising her 6 kids, always finding time for us, my Dad, and many others throughout her lifetime. She overcame epilepsy from childhood, and having her last seizure after she was married and after my oldest brother was born. I also have epilepsy, having my first seizure when I was nineteen, except I still continue to have them. She also had cancer when she was in her forties, but has been in remission. I also had the same kind of cancer when I was that age, and like her, mine is also in remission. I continue learning from this fabulous woman of 95, who is still teaching me about the most important things in life, none being rich in money, but being rich in the life I have today. I love my Mom, and am so thankful that I have this wonderful woman in my life, and I am hoping to be able to give to others as she has throughout her life, and continues to do today.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Celebrating St. Patrick's Day...
For the most part, I do not celebrate St. Patrick's Day. However, I enjoy going to the parades they always have here. I also love to wear green, and my "clover" earrings. St. Patrick's Day always opens the door for Spring, and that I do celebrate.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Spring is one of my favorite times of the year, so listing things I like about spring is really fairly easy for me. Here are my 5 favorite things of Spring:
1.It is a time for changes, not only seasonal changes, but changes in my life (alot having to do with the seasonal changes)
2. Warmer weather
3. Grass becomes green, leaves budding on trees, flowers are blooming
4. Being able to go outside walking, biking and increasing my exercise minutes while enjoying all the benefits of spring.
5. Being able to enjoy all the sights, smells. and sounds of spring.
Spring changes my routine in exercise with more walking, biking, and just being able to spend more time outside in the fresh air.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BARBIEE52 Posts