Wednesday, April 30, 2014
When life throws me lemons, I find relief in writing. Sometimes I will write about what the problem is, how I feel, and why life is taking this turn. It has helped me alot over the past few years. I am able to express how I feel and what I can do to overcome it. That does not always work in the long run, but sure helps at the time. I also go walking. I am able to keep my mind on what is around me, other people, scenery, and the outdoors in general, rather than the situation.
I am to write about 3 positive things about my appearance, so here goes.
1. My smile. I have been told my smile makes others smile, so for me that is a positive thing. Anytime I can help someone smile, that in turn helps me in a positive way.
2. My wrinkles. When I look in the mirror, I feel I have earned every one of them. I look at them as small accomplishments I have made throughout my lifetime, and how I was able to overcome the negative things in my life, thus bringing me to where I am today because of them. It took a lot of of hard work, and pain, but I am a better person for it, and as a result, more wrinkles. But I just keep telling myself, "yes, I have worked hard and earned them all."
3. My eyes. I have been told that I can express my feelings through my eyes, whether I am happy, sad, upset, excited, or others. It is not always such a good thing, but overall, I think it is much, much, more positive than it could ever be negative.
Wednesday, April 09, 2014
Goals I achieved for March:
1. I tracked my food & exercise for the whole month of March.
2. I sent goodies and/or comments to my team members almost everyday.
3. I did something "NICE" for myself and someone else everyday.
4. I started going through summer clothes, and packed my winter things away until they are required, which I hope is along time away.
5. I took out Easter decorations and decorated my apt. with lots of bunnies, baskets, and spring flowers.
6. I ate more veggies/fruits, but did not drink as much water as I should have.
7. I started on spring cleaning, but still have things to do.
I did not drink less coffee (some days I did but those days were few & far between). I did not cut down my cigarettes. Otherwise I feel like I did fairly well, so I am proud of myself for accomplishing those things.
Goals I have set for April:
I truly want to continue with:
1. Tracking of food & exercise daily.
2. Doing something "NICE" (for myself & others everyday)
3. Continue with my spring cleaning, and hopefully finish (but whoever gets done with cleaning?)
4. Eat more fruits/veggies and drink more water.
5. Keep up the effort of cutting down smoking.
6. Keep sending comments/goodies daily if I can...(at least to someone)
7. Now that weather is nicer, get out and ride my bike ang go walking everyday & (unless weather is a factor)
That about sums it up..I will let you know how I did in May!! Hopefully I will achieve some of these goals!!
Monday, March 31, 2014
About 2 weeks or so ago, I was sent a message saying I was selected by others as a Spark People Motivator. I thought "What is this", as I was not aware that there was such a thing. Still not knowing what it meant I went to my page, and on my page was a an emblem with Spark People Motivator. I clicked on it and it took me to the page "Motivational Spark Pages". Listed were many peoples page, and mine was there, too, (I didn't know there was a thing-guess I didn't ever go to this page, even though on many peoples pages, I had nominated them as a motivator), but didn't realize that people received anything for this. Believe me, this was just hard to understand why I had gotten this. I also thought "You mean people actually selected me?" Actually it was a little overwhelming for me, finding it hard to believe this was happening to me. I didn't realize that people actually thought I was motivating.
I'm writing this to thank anyone who thought I was. Without you, I would never have received this. A year ago I would have thought I was not worthy of this, so it has helped me to believe a little in myself.
I really don't know what to say except ""THANK YOU"" to everyone who thought I was worthy of this, and believed in me enough to make this possible.
Monday, March 24, 2014
Two Women Who Inspire Me
The first one being Helen Keller. She is remembered as a woman who overcame being blind, deaf, and mute. She fought against all odds to emerge successful. With the help of Anne Frank, she learned sign language, and went on to go to college, wrote a book, and numerous articles. She dedicated her life to improve conditions of the deaf-blind and gave hope, courage and a ray of sunshine to millions of blind people, throughout the world. She was an inspiration to many who yearned to live life as normal people, despite their disabilities. With her courage and hard work she overcame all barriers to make a mark for herself, and gave a lot to society at the same time. In time, with a lot of courage and hard work, I am hoping to overcome some of the barriers in my life, which does not even compare to the ones she overcame. Her inspiration has given me hope and strength to improve those barriers, but I realize it will not happen overnight.
My Mom is the woman in my life now who has very much inspired me. She worked so hard raising her 6 kids, always finding time for us, my Dad, and many others throughout her lifetime. She overcame epilepsy from childhood, and having her last seizure after she was married and after my oldest brother was born. I also have epilepsy, having my first seizure when I was nineteen, except I still continue to have them. She also had cancer when she was in her forties, but has been in remission. I also had the same kind of cancer when I was that age, and like her, mine is also in remission. I continue learning from this fabulous woman of 95, who is still teaching me about the most important things in life, none being rich in money, but being rich in the life I have today. I love my Mom, and am so thankful that I have this wonderful woman in my life, and I am hoping to be able to give to others as she has throughout her life, and continues to do today.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BARBIEE52 Posts