Monday, June 01, 2009
It's the beginning of a new month, a new week.
Time to look over my goals and see where I'm headed this month.
- I had set a goal for 75 lbs by July 1st, I'm at 60 lbs so still have 15 lbs to get off. I don't believe I will reach this by that day, however I am not going to give up trying. i will reach 75 lbs, but what day doesn't matter.
- my reward is going to be a pedicure and manicure, and I already know which one I'm gong to, they even pour the warm wax over your feet, ahhhh I can't wait.
- I've renewed my membership for another 3 months to the pool and facilities, and Shannon is also coming with me. So not only will I be getting a great workout in the pool, but will also be working out on the machines, need some toning and strengthening. Now my feet and knees, which have a tendency to hold me back for exercising, will not come into play with my workouts.
- I have an appt. for my 2nd and last tattoo on June 9th.
How is everyone's goals and rewards coming along ?
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I am taking today as my day, after all it's Mother's Day. And for me it's going to be a day of reflection. I want to look at all I've accomplished in the past 9 months (will be on the 16th of this month)
So here is my starting weight and my inches:
weight: 292.5 lbs
Left Arm 17.5
Right Arm 17.5
Lefft Thigh 24.75
Right Thigh 25.5
Present weight: 235 lbs (57.5 lbs)
Left Arm 16 (1.5 ")
Right Arm 15.5 (2")
Chest 43 (7.5")
Waist 50 (7.5")
Hips 53 (13")
Left Thigh 23.5 (1.25")
Right Thigh 24 (1.5")
Totals : 57.5 lbs
I'm totally amazed at what I have accomplished and how wonderful I am feeling.
Thanks to all my Sparks friends, cause without your support I could never have done it.
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Tuesday night I had a very bad night, yes the dreaded "binge". I have no idea what happened, but I gave in to junk food. It's the first one I've had in many months and I knew I needed to deal with it immediately.
So how did I deal with this.
1. I used all the tools that I've learned since being with Sparks and on my weight loss program. After talking to myself and beating myself up, I realized this is not helping. I came home and discussed it with my husband, total honesty is important. If we can't be honest then we don't have any accountability.
2. I sat down and blogged it all out then e-mailed it to my consultant. I talked about all the issues that have been piling up and up and finally drove me to caving in to my weakness.... junk food. My home is junk-food free so any time I felt the need to feed it would be something healthy, some fruit, a yogurt, but as luck would have it I was in town, with all the fast food places and I did visit 3 of them before I left town. I wrote about all that I ate too, leaving not one bite out of my blog.
Also in my blog was the positives that have happened in my weight loss journey and there were many of them, another acknowledgement, because I needed to see what I have accomplished.
3. I then decided once the e-mail went that it was time to forget about it and move on with my program and not to look back. Where would dwelling on it get me? Absolutely nowhere.
So how did I do the next day..... It was one of my best days on program I'm happy to say.... and today is going to be another great day on program.
On one of my teams the other day our leader asked us what is the best habit we have learned on Sparks and my honest answer was to Blog. I didn't blog all my thoughts on my Sparks page, but I did blog it to my weight loss consultant.
I am feeling wonderful again and have the satisfaction of getting all of my emotions that were starting to weigh me down off of me.
Life happens and learning to deal with it is all a learning experience. And when we learn these things we must also practice them.
Trust in the process, it really works.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Today's weigh-in ... stay the same. First thing she asked me was "what time did you go swimming this today?" I said I just came from the pool. She told me that a person's body could retain up to 2.5 lbs of water. She said if you don't believe me, then get weighed first thing in the morning, go have a shower, then get weighed again.
I know that we have discussed this on our board, and I normally go swimming after my weigh-in. But today I didn't and I even thought it might not be true, just another myth about the water absorption. From now on the swimming will be after the weigh-in.
Okay so last week was my first gain of 1.5 lbs. Since Christmas time my weigh-ins haven't been great, very slow and steady, alot of stay the same. So I asked my consultant today, what is going on?
She told me that what is happening with my body is normal, and she expected this to happen after 4 months, and for me it's really much later. She then proceeded to tell me that we are now going to stop paying attention to the numbers (yes I still must weigh-in) but we are going to be concentrating on "how do I feel?" I told her I feel wonderful.... I can actually move around, go walking, am enjoying my swimming. I have suffered so long with sore feet and bad knees, and since doing therapy on my feet in December and January they feel so much better and the weight loss has really helped my knees as my problem is a weigh-bearing disease ... osteoarthritis. They won't get any better but the extra weight gone sure helps them.
She wanted to know how my blood sugar numbers were doing and I told her that they were doing really good and I hope the doctor will see this on my next blood work and possibly take some meds away.
When I first started I told her my goal was 165 lbs, we never discussed this number until today. She told me at the moment we are going for 200 lbs, then we will take it down in 5 lb increments. The important thing is to make sure that I am able to live in my new body emotionally.
I just love my visits with my consultant, she sure has a way of making me feel so much better about myself.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BARBARAROSE54 Posts