Monday, June 07, 2010
June 7th 1998, twelve years ago today, I lost my father.
He had colon cancer, was receiving chemo treatment. His body did not do well with chemo. He was hospitalized from getting dehydrated after his first week of treatment. After he got home he went for his 2nd week of treatment. They discovered he had blood clot, so a nurse was coming by the home every day to try to disolve this blood clot.
The morning of the 7th, we can only assume the blood clot moved and he had a massive heart attack. Dad had just turned 69.
If this isn't a wake up sign for me to get my health in order what will be.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Went for my weigh-in today and had a nice walk and talk with her. She is really helpful and works hard at helping me see the big picture and what is important in my life.
I have changed my ticker to reflect the gains I have had last month. I have worked hard this past week to get myself back into what is important to me.
I do know what is important is me, getting me healthy and doing the hard work to get there.
Tuesday is the 1st day of June, however today will be the 1st day for me. I am back on track and will be working on me once again.
My dear friend Linda put it to me like this: It's hard to lose weight, It's hard to be fat, pick your hard.... I pick to lose weight, I know it's hard, but when I'm losing I feel wonderful ! (probably didn't quite quote it the way she said it but it works for me )
Friday, May 28, 2010
It's the little things that keep you going.
1. doing up a seat belt when flying. For so many years I had to ask for a seat belt extension but now I can do up the seat belt on the plane. I aim to be able to see lots of extra belt after fastening.
2. climbing stairs easily. I still have a hard time climbing the many stairs up to the office, but each day the climb will get easier. I want to be able to climb those stairs without having to use the railing to pull me up.
3. sitting and standing with ease. It is getting much easier to get out of a chair or off the sofa, but am still aiming to do it with ease, no hands, just jumping right up.
4. getting down on the floor and back up quickly. As of now I cannot get down on the floor. I have babied my knees for so many years that this is something I have a very hard time doing. I am going to start working at getting down and back up off the floor. I want to be able to do this without any hesitation, after all when I finally have grandchildren how will I be able to get down to their level to play?
5. run, jump and play.... yes I'm back to wanting to be a lively child once again, yes and in preparation for my grandchildren. Even if it doesn't happen there is nothing wrong with me running, jumping and playing.
all of the above things are just little things that as an overweight, out of shape person comes up against almost every day. To be active and healthy once again is my goal. In order to know that I can achieve this I need to see how far I have come. And I do see the improvement and I celebrate my achievements. I just need to keep reminding myself how far I have come and know that I can keep on going.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
I am reading a book called "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" by Linda Spangle. I am also following along with her book "100 days of weight loss".
This was recommended to me by Kitt52, who is has lost almost 200 lbs, following Sparks and using these books to help with emotional eating.
I read on Day10 "Appreciate Good Support"
Here's an example from the book.... "When someone offers you a genuine comment about your progress, try to respond warmly to the person who pays you the compliment. For example, if people remark that you look great because you lost weight, don't minimize their words by saying, "Yes, but I still have such a long way to go. Instead, use your response to affirm and appreciate the other person by saying something such as, "You can't imagine how much it means to hear you say that. Thank you !"
This got me to thinking. How many times have I said the exact thing, I have such a long way to go? Or it's so hard !
I need to totally change my acceptance of compliments and really appreciate them. I worked hard for my loss and I appreciate people noticing.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
I asked for help and you all came running !
Today is a much better day, and I am working at getting back on track.
I need to focus on me and my journey. I have taken alot of time trying to help many others work their program and become healthier people. Through this I got side tracked with my own program.
Starting today it is going to be all about me again. I need to focus on me and getting healthy and fit. I will be turning 56 this year and it's now or never.
Oh I'll still be available for anyone asking for help and support, however I just won't be sparking as much as I did. I need to spend the time working on me.
love yas !
Get An Email Alert Each Time BARBARAROSE54 Posts