Thursday, December 17, 2009
This joke is not meant to offend anyone.....
A Little Christmas Story
A Christmas Story for people having a bad day:
When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce
toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the
Then Mrs Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit,
which stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them
were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out,
Heaven knows where.
Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked,
the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.
Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum.
When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drank all the cider
and hidden the liquor.
In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds
of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor.
He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end
of the broom.
Just then the doorbell rang, and irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.
The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day?
I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'
And so began the tradition of
the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
1. My health, I need/want to live healthy. I want to be able to get off my blood pressure and diabetic medications.
2. My family, I want to be there for them.
3. My grandchildren, no there aren't any, however when I do have some I want to be able to run, jump, play on the floor with them.
4. Overall feeling. Having been "chunky" through my childhood, then obese as an adult I want to experience a normal weight for a change.
5. Movement, I want to be able to walk, run, shop, work, all without experiencing knee and foot pain.
6. Accomplishment, when I look back over how far I have come, it motivates me to keep going. One of my goals was to be able to buckle up the seat belt on the airplane and I accomplish this. Another goal was to be able to sit in a booth seat in the restaurant and I can do this now too.
7. Clothing, to be able to wear something that looks good on me, not to wear it just because it fits.
8. Sparks Pals..... everyone of my friends I have met through Sparks, motivates me to continue to strive for my goals.
9. Challenges, the daily, weekly and monthly challenges on Sparks motivate me every day and keep my head in the game.
10. Me.... just for me, to say I did that is motivation enough for me to "just do it"
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
I haven't been able to keep up with Sparks the past days.
Sorry I have been so MIA, but for now I need to take a break.
I will pop by when I can.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Grrrrrr, it's Wednesday also known as Hump Day ! Okay so it is the middle of the week.
Which is a good thing cause that means the weekend is right around the corner, which I'm so thankful for. I have alot to do this weekend, want to get more decorating done and my Christmas Cards finished so they can go in the mail.
Last night was Biggest Loser, why oh why did it come on an hour later, and was still a two hour show? I could only keep my eyes open for the first hour and just shut the tv off and missed the last hour. So that sucks, I have no idea what happened.
And I've been so darn busy at the office, and yest. I did go for my mamogram early then waited until 10:30 to see my doctor. And he confirmed that I have tennis elbow, so now my arm must wear a brace, how did I develop this, the only thing I can figure out is from all the scrubbing I did the other week that I took off work to get my deep house cleaning done. Okay, so now I will no longer scrub it's not good for me.
On a positive note, things are moving in a forward direction with mom. We are waiting to have her placed in a nursing home. For now she is still in the hospital awaiting her surgery, and hopefully a room will be available when they release her. She was not making rational decisions and we also needed to protect her from one of my brothers, who is on a steady decline due to his addiction.
Friday, November 27, 2009
I am so sorry that I've been scarce from Sparking with all my friends.
Over this past year I have had alot of stress in my personal life that I have tried to deal with and to still continue with my weight loss journey.
I have done a good job of working on me each day. I have some days that I have turned to food to comfort me, and yes, it does add to the stress, however being an emotional eater this is something that I must work very hard at avoiding. Old habits die hard and I have turned to the foods still.
Recently I took a week away from work to look after me, and it really did help me, as was evident with my 3 lb loss last week.
I returned to work this week ready to face the real world again. Yes, I have been very busy with my job and when I get home I'm emotionally drained, but the one thing that I have been doing is looking after me, with my workouts and just taking "me" time, which has meant being away from my computer.
Also this week the stress that I've been trying to deal with has gotten terribly out of hand and I've been fighting hard to stay on track.
I guess the purpose of this blog is just to let everyone know where I am at. I am still here, I do read some of my Spark boards, and messages, but just not doing alot of posting, almost like I'm taking a Spark Break, but not totally absent.
So please bear with me and continue to keep me and my mom and family in your prayers as we continue to deal with our personal troubles.
Love to all my Spark family !
Get An Email Alert Each Time BARBARAROSE54 Posts