Saturday, July 02, 2011
So i had to write this down because I'm super stressing! It's 4th of July weekend and my moms having family over for a barbecue tonight and I accompanied her to the market to get all the stuff so sitting in the kitchen right now there are hamburger and hot dog buns, beef patties, hot dogs, ribs, sausage, cake etc. you already know the deal. This is the first time since eating healthy where I am going to be really challenged. I have gone out to restaurants and thats usually a challenge but I've learned to tell them not to bring the bread, and now I look at the menu online beforehand and I know exactly what I'm ordering when I arrive. But tonight is different. I LOVE barbecues. Let me put it this way.. When I wasn't thinking about my health, at a bbq I would eat about 2 cheeseburgers, 2 hot dogs, a few ribs 1 sausage, corn, potatoes, chips, dips, soda, dessert, the list probably goes on. Well, tonight I can not eat like that. I have made the decision to change my life and someone once told me "diabetes doesn't know holidays". This is so true. And I know myself. If I say, welllll its a holiday weekend , Im just gonna have 1 piece of cake, the excuses begin and then I'm off track. Its happened too many times before and this time I really want it to be for real. I just need to write to remind myself why I am doing this and maybe it will stick in my head a little bit more!
Why I am doing this:
1. I have high insulin levels and I am prediabetic and I do NOT want diabetes.
2. I was told by the doctor my ovarian cysts may be related to my excess weight.
3. I want to be able to go into Macy's or JCPenney's and not walk straight to the plus size section. I want to fit into cute outfits. I love fashion and Im never able to express myself because the things I like do not come in my size.
4. I don't wanna be so tired all the time. I want to feel good and have more energy.
5. I want to fit comfortably into salon chairs, airplane chairs, bathroom stalls, etc.
6. I want to be able to wear a swimsuit and go to the pool and beach without worrying about covering my body.
7. I want to be able to go out and meet people without freaking out and not worry if people are thinking about how fat I am .
8. I want to be able to have a higher self esteem.
9. I want to have a healthy heart and live a long life.
10. I want to be able to be active for the rest of my life. I will be so much happier.
So I could probably sit here for hours and write hundreds of other reasons why I'd be much better off in the healthy weight range but for right now these are pretty much the top ten that come in my head and I feel better now because they will help me realize that an extra hot dog or eating fatty sausage isnt worth it after all.