Tuesday, January 30, 2007
but I got up early and went out(it was stinkin cold here)to the park for my walk/run. I wasn't really feeling it today since I really worked my lower back and legs hard yesterday and felt a bit fatigued. So I was only going to do 30 minutes but decided to put 45 in my iPod because I really think 45 is the least I should do on cardio days. But I ran the first lap(which includes 1 killer hill and 2 other long inclines)and really didn't feel like running so I walked the rest. After about 30 minutes I thought I wanted to quit, but I pushed through and even did a sprint towards the end. I was really pleased that I did all 45 minutes even though I really wasn't feeling it, and I felt much better the rest of the day knowing I had done it.
I spent the entire day with my DH and we had a really good time, went to dinner and then we even went to the mall and VS where I got some size M panties and a sexy lingerie outfit. All and all it was a good day, even if it was a Tuesday...
Monday, January 29, 2007
Well, today was official weigh-in day and I lost 4.2 pounds! That puts me at 130.8 pounds which is well past my short-term goal of 125...just skipped right over that one.
All week long I was concerned because it seemed I had been well under my calories for the day. But, what I think I learned was that I must have been underestimating my serving sizes, or I was eating too many things between meals. Even though they were healthy things, I think it was pushing me to the high end of my calorie range, which I believe is too high for me anyway.
Of course, I had also pumped up the cardio for the past 2 weeks and that could have been the catalyst...either way, it all worked and I ended the month of January with a 7 pound loss and now I'm 25 pounds from my goal weight!
This weight loss coupled with my size 8 surprise(didn't think I could wear an 8 yet, but found I could!)have really lifted my spirits and of course give me momentum to keep going full out! Although, I still have a little voice in my head that questions if I'll get to 145, I do believe I've conquered this and will finally reach my goal. I have never gotten below 178 in my previous weight loss attempts(except for 31 years ago, when I dieted before my wedding and got to 137 on WW-and that was above my goal)so I'm really proud of that, but know I still have work to do!
Sunday, January 28, 2007
My day of rest! This week I really need this day off, I pushed extra hard and deserve it!
Saturday, January 27, 2007
I snuck a peek at the scale this morning(never really do that)and it said 171.2...that's down 3.4 pounds. I was getting to a place where I was not being precise enough about my calories and eating too many walnuts, etc. So this week I really buckled down and also amped up my workouts...seems to have worked. January has been a real test, being on this trip for a year I think I got a little full of myself when I saw so many improvements and wasn't quite as diligent as I should have been. But, this just shows how the program works if you really adhere to it. So, here's to two more great days and a successful weigh-in on Monday morning!
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Well, today was exceptionally cold and I told myself I was only going to walk for 30 minutes because of the temperature. However, once I got out there I started running and ran for 35 minutes and than walked an additional 25 minutes! It was very cold by the time I was done, in fact I had my face covered with my underarmour hood, but I'm really glad I did it! As I was out there running it dawned on me why I feel so good about my new lifestyle and feel confident I won't regain the weight. Even though I know that 95% of people who lose 50 or more pounds regain it within 2 years, I think I'm in the other 5%. Every other time I always viewed it as a diet and there was an "end" in sight. As in when I get to my goal weight...and guess what, I never got to that goal. I always was satisfied to get close and then of course I went back to my old habits, little by little of course, but indeed I did regain the weight plus more over 2-3 years. But now, I'm comfortable with my lifestyle, I love my new energy and exercise that I'm doing, I like the food I'm eating and I don't miss anything that I've removed from my diet. I actually taste the flavor of food now, instead of the fats or sugars that were added. So, I think I've finally found my answer and I look forward to reaching my goal weight, not to go off anything, but to feel the sense of accomplishment of finally doing it, and knowing how much healthier I will be.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BAMOM19 Posts