Monday, January 26, 2009
I am HUGE dog lover!! So when a friend of mine purchased a puppy without consulting me first, I was very upset! He told me he got the dog for his 3 year daughter?! I was furious, cause there is a lot of work that goes with a family pet. Here, this is a picture of the beautiful creature. Isn't he the cutest? Well he called me a few weeks ago to say, "The dog was run over by a car while he was at work." I cried because I knew that they had no business with that puppy, no matter that they paid $500 for him or not!! To top it all off, he was so matter-of-fact & very nonchalant! Oh, well, he kept getting out of the gate, he went on the carpet/cage. I was too outdone! I told him that there is ALOT of work that goes with caring for an animal but never mind that. My cousin, had 2 beautiful rottweilers both gentle as lambs. Continued to leave them outside even during the cold winter months. They left the garage door open & BAM the dogs were gone! What upsets me is that these dogs could've been used as bait or dummies in dog fights! Did they get it? Well they checked the shelters & the locator's that they once had worn were gone! How do you help people understand about the inhumane or cruelty they do to animals? I know I do the best I can with my pup Shadow but I couldn't even imagine not treating him like one of the family. Walks, full body rubs, play time, dog treats & little or no training. Oh, he also gets the closest seat to the heaters in the house to keep warm & stay in the air condition. He is NOT allowed on the furniture when we are around. Remember to really think before you get a family pet, its lots of work but the pay - unconditional love!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Good Advice for 2009
Implement whatever you can. You'll be glad you did.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR/TIVO, tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to ___________ today."
5. Live with the 3 E's: Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear
and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special!
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________."
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BABY_GIRL69 Posts