Wednesday, September 03, 2014
(lol I love this, I think it's by nataliedee.com but not sure there are so many out there)
I've been having some serious anxiety today and as per usual it's because I let myself get overwhelmed. When I look at my room I see the project in it's entirety instead of the small chunks I would break it into. So you know how it is when you just don't start because you think you can't manage the whole thing all at once, even though that wasn't the plan lol, yup that was me this morning.
However I reminded myself that this impossible mountain was going to stay an impossible mountain unless I took at least ONE step today, and that it would still be there creating anxiety for me unless I did something. There's no getting round it, action is required....I want to just dump it all in the bin....my ideal situation would be to be able to live out of one bag.. maybe one of these days I'll make it happen!
I am ok with what I managed to get done today, tomorrow will be another step and I will continue this way until it's done! I miss my country routine for sure, the exercise the streaking, the complete lack of responsibility I'll settle back in soon enough....stupid room why can't it organise, clean and minimise itself!
Peas: Green Juice
Tuesday, September 02, 2014
I never did a summary blog about my juice fast and my summer of concentrating on nutrition to move my health journey along. I was not really focused on the victories simply on getting through the drama and keepin on keepin on given the circumstances (it wasn't all bad don't get me wrong I just wasn't able to practice many stress relieving techniques so it felt real intense.)
After my journey home and my lazy day yesterday plus today's nsv's I really think I should sit my butt down and write it.... because to me it's remarkable, I am STRONGER, what a thrill.
Before I left I was on bedrest having a flare up of my Sjogrens Syndrome, couldn't even tidy up or get anything done to leave the place nice and tidy for the 2 months I'd be gone. I arrived in the country and went straight back on bedrest as the journey had brought on my full body tremors because of the strain of it. I left with only one bag, with my electronics, because that's all I could carry, plus my crutch as I couldn't support my own weight and that of my bag.
So where are we at after a 31 day juice fast, almost 30 days of 'not on a plan just trying to keep nutrition sensible', and of course good ole fresh country air:
1) Lost 15lbs on the 31 day Juice fast & 15 inches all over
2) Rebounded only 5lbs after the fast so have a net 10lb loss (for those that are interested I did not watch what I ate in terms of portions, I am no calorie counter and I eat when hungry, and if that's 6 times a day so be it, if it's 2 times a day, so be it)
3) No more tummy cramping after eating food
4) My skin no longer itches!!!! (This one was huge for me as I had such bad sugar itch I was covered in scratches)
5) Related to above I am no longer addicted to sugar (Before I left I would often be found in the shop at stupid o clock in the morning for my sugar fix and would have soda and chocolate for breakfast. I went to the shop today and had zero desire for soda, or chocolate, or any packet food to be honest, I want juicy fat fruit!!)
6) My insomnia is gone, I am pretty much knocked out from 11 - 7 each night
7) My 'cystic boils' reduced by about 80% ( I used to get cystic lumps in my armpits, pretty sure I was allergic to deodorant, I would also get them on my thighs, they were so freakin painful it hurt to even shower under my arms sometimes, in the past month I have had none in my armpits and only a couple on my thighs)
8) My joint pain is pretty much non existent as long as I keep allergen food out of my diet. (I was in pain 24/7 for 2 years since this all began)
9) I completed a 31 workout flat abs challenge ( before I left I would need to get in bed after exercising or rest in a chair even with the limited mobility workouts)
10) My pipes are no longer clogged, regular as old clockwork (who needs prune juice!)
11) I no longer desire salt, packet food makes me want to claw my tongue out as I feel the sodium drying it out bleurgh
12) Dairy either, I loved cheese so much, but again no desire for it, I think I'm done with dairy for good
13) I apparently like food that I have spent my entire life hating: celery, onion, fennel, even garlic , I crave them and they sure do make a salad flavorful lol
14) I am physically stronger
(This one is really important for me to note because sjogrens makes you weak with fatigue and I suffered from chronic muscle weakness and low energy. Plus I know alot of people would assume fasting would lead to muscle wastage and a weakening of the person. For me it was the complete opposite. The exercising whilst juicing has developed some great muscle definition AND my jeans are tighter around my calves, and I am loving my thighs at the moment, hollaaaaa!!! lol What really drove it home for me was my journey home though. I came home with 3, yup THREE travel bags, one on my back and one on each arm, not small by any means, and I carried those suckers all the way home once getting off the coach, I didn't have my crutch either. The day after I was worried I would have tremors... but no I just have sore muscles, the kind you have when you've been strength training or lifting weights, can I get another Holla!!)
15) I am more motivated (my intrinsic motivation was coming back but I have had a substantial boost and didn't waste any time 'prepping for success' with my environment. I've ordered everything I need to do well and continue on this path and will experiment now I'm home with fermenting veggies and kefirs, kombucha and the like, so excited)
16) Mentally I am much clearer and less foggy headed (I know what I want to do and how I'm going to do it)
17) I found a love for jigsaws Which also means my focus is back, if I can sit still for 7 hours to do a jigsaw I can sit still and focus on the task at hand in life and work and study
18) I had so many spiritual and soul led 'things' happen that I feel like I am much much closer to that balance of mind, body & spirit I FEEL better internally... not mentally soulfully if you know what I mean... so hard to explain, but I feel 'full'
19) My patterns of behaviour and sabotage became clearer and as in 15 with clarity I can tackle them much more informed than before
20) I gained habits I never would have tried without this and am probably going to keep for life: Journaling, dream recording and meditation recording. LOVE my dreams now, I feel like going to sleep is walking into the classroom of the universe and am thrilled to wake up and record out what I learned
21) I really don't feel like hiding from my problems, stress is an ever constant...my flatmates are crazy with a capital C, but I don't feel like binging, or hiding out in my room or taking on their crap. I have my eyes firmly on where I want to go and although it may seem like that isn't a direct result of fasting and nutrition it is. It's basically like I had a mental and physical readjustment, a reboot if you will and I feel like I have the fortitude to keep on keepin on regardless.
I could go on forever, but I'll leave it at 21. I am not at the end of my nutritional experimentation, lots of healing still to be done, I have a general idea of a maintenance plan but one day at a time here, ever learning ever refining. However I have to say I am so glad I got to do the juice fast and see if it would help, it did, in abundance. I have built a solid foundation on which I can move forward and learnt SO much about myself. Life may very well crowd in on me again, we can only wait and see but either way if I ever need a system reboot again I know exactly what I'll be doing!
Peas: Looked at my 'Little Piggies' picture book and imagined having my very own teacup pig and the games we'd play, fairy princess' both
Monday, September 01, 2014
Happy September, Happy Fall! I love fall, wind, rain, cooler temps, tis nice.
So I said I wanted to rock September...and they always say you should start as you mean to go on, so the question is how did I spend the 1st day. Did I kick the door down and let September know I had arrived?
Hells bells no! I took a rest day, to recover from yesterdays odyssey and just slope about for a day being hella lazy. It's nice to do nothing sometimes. Unwind, and refresh yourself so you can stomp all over your goals when you're ready.
I haven't actually made up my plans properly yet, but I do have plans, 1 for nutrition (which you already know about), and 1 for exercise. I've got alot of tidying and cleaning to do and organising as I didn't get anything done before I left so it is still to do. One thing I'm certain of though is you need to create the ENVIRONMENT for success, I think it's why the juice fast went well and the raw challenge didn't. So that's what I'll be doing this week, creating the right environment, that's about it....well I say that's it but it's gonna be hella work
I have a good feeling about this month
Peas: Had a Rush Hour marathon, films 1, 2 & 3, gotta love a bit of comedy!
Get An Email Alert Each Time A_RARE_BEAN Posts