Saturday, September 27, 2014
After a solid, though short night of sleep I find i have good energy today! Good thing, too, as we (DH, DD's BF and I) will be moving out the rest of our belongings from the cottage today. Due to a glitch which almost stopped the deal from closing, our buyers said to leave things there (incase the deal fell through, so our furniture would be there to stage it), and they didn't move anything into our cottage either... since it was their deal which was the glitch.. visualize the domino effect!) So, today, is the final day we have our things in the cottage. But the new owners are so nice, and they've said we can come visit any time and they plan to rent it out for a couple of summers, so who knows, we may rent it for a week next summer!
Tonight the realtor who looked after both of our sales is taking the 4 of us out to dinner! We look forward to getting to know them better tonight as we dine.
I've just done my TCC and must go stretch, then get 'ready to roll'!
Happy weekend, friends!
Friday, September 19, 2014
I sat down here several days ago to write this blog, got interrupted, and it didn't happen. Today's the day though!
A lot has gone on in my life since I last blogged.
1) DH and I had a lovely time travelling to Vancouver Island (I could live there!) and then we met our dear friends from New Zealand and took the Alaskan cruise with them. So great to see them again!!!
2) My parents property sold (while we were on holiday) Closed Aug 27th! Big relief!!
3) Our cottage finally sold (while we were on holiday). Closing next week. This weekend we are moving out the last of our things ... but the new owners are buying quite a bit of our furnishings, so that is good!
4) My niece got married on Sept 13th at a lovely lodge in Muskoka. If you're looking for a Muskoka location for a wedding, the Shamrock Lodge is wonderful ... great location along the shores of a lake, a friendly, helpful staff. And so nice that the wedding next door to my niece's let us know that they were setting off fireworks at 10:15 that night... we got to enjoy them too!
5) I've been trying a new healing modality, on my own, using a book for instructions. Having taken myself as far as I could with that, I've been working with a practitioner and having great success! 2nd last session, the sciatic pain melted away. Yesterday's session, the numbness in my legs started to melt away, and this will continue now for awhile getting better each day!
6) I've decided to become a practitioner of this modality so I can continue helping myself heal and so I can help others heal too! Yay! There is a course nearby which I can easily drive to ... have to wait until late October though.
7) In the meantime, I've started Power Productivity Program (PPP) with Alejandra.TV and will use this wait time to get myself more organized and set some goals.
8) On the weight line... I've been losing a bit each week for the last few weeks. I've cut way back on gluten and dairy, I've been eating much more veggies and fruit, more nuts and less meat. I bought the book "Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2" and love all the recipes I've tried so far! I'm continuing to do rebounding and TCC (T'ai Chi Chih) nearly every day ... and several people have commented that they notice I'm losing weight! Yay!!
Looking forward to taking some time in the near future to read a few of your blogs and get caught up again with you!
Be well, for all is well!
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Last night, my daughter did a photo shoot for me! Can't figure out how to add the photo to my photos section anymore, so I'm just going to add 2 photos here. Why 2? Because I love them both and can't decide which one I like most!!
I'm so proud of my DD - she is a lovely young woman who is working hard to develop her photography business (9 weddings this summer)!
Blessings of joy, peace & light to all of you!
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Been down and out with a nasty bug for nearly 2 weeks. Finally starting to get some energy back ... even did a full T'ai chi Chih practice yesterday. Turned the corner when a friend suggested a mustard plaster... was too sick to think about that.
DH goes back to the city tomorrow; I'll be staying home... plan is to do some spring cleaning at the farm house...long overdue. Hope I feel up to it though.
Have lost all the conditioning I'd done to get my legs feeling better..starting over again now that I have some energy. Ah well.. life happens, time to move forward!
Happy Sunday, folks!
Monday, April 14, 2014
Yesterday, we held our Celebration of Life for Mom. A lovely afternoon ... I could see her there smiling, chatting with others and singing along with us as we sang three of her favourite songs! Miss you Mom, but we know you're in our hearts and we carry on!
Today and tomorrow, I'll be tidying and dusting the condo and running errands. Also, tomorrow afternoon (weather permitting) I'll be out at mom and dad's property as we found someone to take dad's rug loom! Hurray! So great that it's going to someone who'll use it!!
I've been doing the full T'ai Chi Chih practice daily for nearly 3 weeks now. If I have time, it's nice to do it first thing in the morning.. gets the stiffness worked out of my joints, but any time of day is a good time to do it, right? My back and legs have been giving me grief for 2 weeks (caused by the sweeping of the water to the sump pump in M&D's basement), but I have continued to health bounce on the rebounder (full rebounding would be just too painful). Despite the pain, the legs are getting better and as an added plus, my body is gradually toning up too!!
Well, time to sign off and get busy with things here! Happy Monday, folks, and have a great week!
Get An Email Alert Each Time AZURELITE Posts