Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Long time no write... I've been slacking off on my SP participation and tracking for several months, but now I'm back! I'm tracking my calories because I'm on a "pregnant" diet for the next six months. Yey!
It turns out that when you're eating healthy, it's HARD to get enough calories in a day, and I'm always hungry! I read on BabyFit.com that if I'm hungry, my baby's hungry, so I need to eat! I'm working on boosting my protein, fiber, and calcium intake, while still trying to limit sweets and empty carbs. Wish me luck!
I've joined the BabyFit.com website, which is a SparkPeople site with health and fitness information for pregnant women and new moms. Unfortunately, they have a much smaller food database in the nutrition tracker and a completely different fitness tracker, and I was unable to get either of them to work for me. I still get their healthy tips via email, and I use the site to look up good stretches and exercise modifications, but it just doesn't replace the original SP for food and exercise tracking.
I'll be logging on daily now (like I used to!) to put in my calories and exercise for the day, but I'm going to be realistic about my time and not commit to team participation. I'll certainly be watching the feed for the latest from everyone, and I'll say hi and throw in my two cents when I have time.
Catch you on the pages!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Hello all, thanks so much to those of you who haven't seen a blog post from me in so long, but still keep checking up on me!
Just wanted to post and let you know that I'm doing okay out here, I've just been so busy this summer that I've had to prioritize my calorie and exercise tracking over blog writing just to fit it in.
I was in a bit of a weight loss slump for a few months, directly due to eating too many calories every week and not exercising enough minutes every week. I'm turning that around now, and I'm more consistent with my workouts and my calorie intake. The evidence is great: two pounds lost in three weeks!
The silver lining to all that was that now, thanks to my SP Nutrition tracker, I know exactly how many calories I can eat and NOT gain weight, when I finally reach my maintenance phase. So some good came out of my slacking!
Have a wonderful rest of the summer, and I'll try to get caught up on all of your blogs and team posts as soon as I can!
Sunday, July 05, 2009
Hello and Happy 4th of July holiday for all my U.S. Spark friends!
I've been pretty busy these past few weeks, but I have been faithfully tracking my food and exercise here on SP. I've had a few breaks lately that have allowed me to be more disciplined with my calories and the amount of exercise I'm fitting in. Now, if I can just keep this going for another three months, I'll be all set!
I hope you are all enjoying a peaceful and healthy summer, and I'll catch up with you again as soon as I'm able.
Have a great week!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I've been absent more and more lately... lots of work... summer activities are already in full swing (and it's still technically spring!)... I'm working out more, FINALLY!... etc. I've continued getting into SP every day or so to log my calories and fitness tracking, but that's about it; not much SparkTeam activity from me lately, and I've not really done a good job of keeping up with my SP friends' activities and updates. SORRY to all of you if I'm clueless on what's going on with you these days!
The good news is that I'm working out and eating a LITTLE better these days, but not where I should be yet. Slowly but surely, I'll get there.
To wax philosophical for a moment... I've always believed that I'm not one of those people who's inspired or motivated by a bunch of well-meaning people saying, "You go, girl!", but my time on SP has forced me to realize that I AM, in fact, inspired and motivated by support and encouragement from others, and when I don't take advantage of it, my self-discipline struggles. So I said all that to say, THANK YOU for all of your encouragement and support these past many months. I'm hoping to make more time to spend on SP this summer, so that I can return the favor. I'm living proof that encouragement works!
Have a great rest of the week, and I'll see you around the SP pages and teams.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
A couple quick things for the week:
1) BIG error in last week's blog... I was shooting for 1500 calories burned, NOT 1500 minutes of exercise. HUGE difference there. Yipes.
2) THANKS for everyone's encouragement and pep talks. It means so much to me, and inspires me to keep trying.
3) This week wasn't where I should be yet, but I'm definitely more aware of my bad habits, and I'm making some small but noticeable progress to becoming more disciplined.
4) Something that's given me a wake-up call this week... I went to a dance-type aerobics class for the first time at the Y this week, and I saw myself in the mirrors of the workout room compared to the other people in the class. I DO have some more weight to lose, and I DO NOT want to be the weight I was last year... ever again.
5) I'll be MIA on the SP blogs and teams this week... I'm going on my annual retreat on Thursday, and I'll be back again Monday. This retreat is a very special time of spiritual recollection for me, and I'm fortunate to have it in a wonderful location. It's in a monastery that's been converted into a retreat center, so it's designed for prayer and contemplation, and it's in a rural area of eastern PA, so it's very scenic too. I keep all of my SP friends in my prayers, so all of you--and your needs--will be with me in spirit this weekend!
Be healthy, and have a great month!
Get An Email Alert Each Time ASMPD2 Posts