Friday, September 07, 2012
What's holding me back (Honestly and with out filters.)
1. My sugar obsession and habit. I have created these eating habits that really are not good for me. I like to sit in front of the TV at night and eat large bowls of Ice Cream. I shop at the store and buy a snickers bar. I get bored at the computer and eat junk.
2. I lie to myself. I sometimes convince myseelf if I don't log it, it never happened, then when I come back at the end of the week with out a loss I wonder what happened because I forget what I really ate because it wasn't logged.
3. Stress. I eat when stressed, or unhappy about stuff.
4. Lack of support at home. My DH is almost 300 lbs. He doesn't care to loose weight or try to track foods he eats because he is happy just the way he is. This makes it hard to eat healthy.
5. Me. I give up when the scale doesn't move or when I just plain don't feel like doing it. I give in to temptations and I don't fight hard when people say want some of this food. I have fear of never being healthy and I have fear of never being able to eat the foods I love again, even when I know moderation is the key. I am also afraid to be hungry all the time or have to work my a$$ off just to maintain. I have a hard time believing the benefits outweigh the consequences sometimes.
I am starting fresh. I am just going to work on eating less sweets and junk. And try to exercise a few times a week.
Since I haven't done it in a while this will be a great stepping stone.