Monday, January 03, 2011
I will turn 64 on May 3rd. That is 17 weeks and 1 day from today. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. That last pesky 20 pounds. That area that I keep yoyo-ing up and down and am never able to keep myself at my normal weight. My old mind set is that once I get my weight down with exercise and diet I can start eating what I want as long as i keep up the exercising. Wrong, then all my bad eating habits return and the weight slowly starts to creep back on.
This is my 2 year sparks-versety. I have learn so much and been inspired by so many of you. Now I will start this new year with a more enlightened knowledge base that will help set goals that will get me to that area of my journey where I start to maintain.
My goals for the next 17 weeks.
1. I will do cardio and strength training 2 hours 6 days a week. (remember I'm retired)
2. Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
3. The bulk of my diet will be whole grains, lentils, beans, fresh fruit and vegetables.
4. Eat regular meals starting with breakfast.
5. Eat meat sparingly.
6. Eat foods in their natural state whenever possible.
7. Avoid refined Carbohydrates, concentrated sugars and fat fried or processed foods.
8. Eat until I am 80% full. (That give the stomach time to send the message to the brain it is
Wow there are 7 nutrition goals and only 1 fitness goal. That's because nutrition has been my down fall and is the most important part of the equation. I need to learn that just because I am working out doesn't mean I can eat like a teenager. Nutrition is a very important part of good health. Optimal health if my final goal. I want to enjoy the twilight years of my life. So far I have avoided any major illnesses. I do not take any prescription drugs. The way the health care system is going I feel I need to to stay healthy. This will save me and the Government a ton of money.
I promise I will blog through this 17 week and keep myself motivated and on tract. I wish everyone else well that has set goals for this New Year. Let Get "R" Done!