Friday, July 25, 2008
I've been slacking off for a couple of months. Time to get back on the wagon!
I ran across the 1000 Actions Challenge on the Message boards and decided to follow it here as a way to motivate me even if weight isn't coming off.
62. Started logging in to SP again!
63. Water, water every day.
64. Bought new clothes - makes me feel better to have pants that fit and it will keep me from putting weight back on.
65. Minimizing the stress eating - a cookie or two at work will keep me from killing people during this project, and that's just fine as long as I don't bring home a bag of Oreos and gorge at home!
66. Paying attention to fiber- though it's still often a bit low.
67. Still tracking calories, protein, and fat in my head, even though I slacked off on logging them.
68. Getting enough sleep when I remember how important it is...
Saturday, March 22, 2008
I had to buy a dress for a cousin's wedding.
I found a good one, liked the way it looked, and tried it on, and bought it.
It's a size 8.
I haven't worn a size 8 since I was 14.
I'm still in shock.
I knew my clothing sizes have gone down, I now wear 12 or 10 size jeans, but wow!
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
I've been using SparkPeople since early November 2007.
I had a stressful and very hectic month at work in February. I decided to ease up on my SP and exercise habits for a few weeks. I kept logging in every few days to track most of my eating and water, but I didn't worry about it if work left me too tired to exercise, and I spent very little time on the site.
To my surprise, the intermittent check-ins at SP have been enough to keep me on relatively healthy eating habits, and re-starting my exercise program this week has been easy.
It seems that I've been developing good habits without thinking about it!
And I've still been losing weight (working on your feet all day does do that...) I love that SP is so flexible. I know that I will slip from time to time, but SP is really looking like a long term resource for me.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
I've been on SP just over 2 months, and I just made my first goal!
My weight has gone from 162 to 153 - just enough to make my Body Mass Index 29.9, so now I am out of the "Obese" category and into "Overweight."
I've never been so happy to be overweight! Now I have to keep heading in the right direction.
Get An Email Alert Each Time ARITHBK Posts