Tuesday, May 28, 2013
For most part of my life I have been one of those people who believe that all these Supplements, meal replacement powders and even Whey protein are "Artificial" means of weight loss and that they do more harm than good!
Well, I am starting to question that now! And the more I read or talk about it, the more confusing it gets because I keep receiving conflicting views. So, let me list out the pros and cons I see and it would be great if you could provide your opinion and also share your own experience if you have used any of these food supplements to aid your weight loss efforts -
1. Our diet does not provide all the essential nutrients we need to stay healthy.
2. Also unless we are on a 100% organic diet, we really don't know how much benefit (nutrients) are our freshly cooked meals actually providing us.
3. Coming to Whey protein or other protein supplements - Although there are enough protein sources even in a vegetarian diet, I'm not sure that we include enough of them in our daily diet to meet our protein requirement.
4. The supplements provide you the nutrients in a concentrated and "PURE?" form. Meaning that you don't have to eat as much to meet your nutrient requirement and hence save on Calories.
1. Its processed. We don't get to see what goes into making them and how healthy they really are.
2. I don't know if its true, but have heard that your body gets kinda addicted to it. So, if you stop using them after taking them for a while then you would put on all the lost weight back and More!!!
3. That they may have harmful effects on the kidney and liver etc etc.
Well, these are just a few... you might have heard of some more! So, what do you think? Ever used them or learnt some interesting facts? Would you recommend them as part of your daily diet? and if yes, How much and for how long?