Thursday, February 09, 2012
What does Valentine's Day mean to you?
Well all through middle and high school I hated Valentines Day. I never had a serious boyfriend and so it was just an annoying day to remind me that I was single.
It became less annoying as I went to college. Sometimes I would go out to eat with my parents or a group of the "single ladies." One year my best friend and I had a Saw movie marathon. That was a fun night.
Now that I'm with Ryan I like Valentines Day ( I know..duh..right?). The last couple of years we have celebrated with dinner dates and we exchange nice cards and give each other a present usually. It's nice and I figure since I spent 25 years without a valentine now I'm going to live it up because I will have one for the rest of my life! Yay!!
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Oh my gosh! I just want to scream hold on, wait a minute, give me a day and time out! I'm sure we all feel like this sometimes. I've been bombarded with wedding stuff for the last month and February isn't looking any better. SO when life changes sometimes you have to change. But at least I know this is only until the wedding stuff is over.
Here are my new "simplify my life" rules
- My goal will not be to have 2 workouts a day. I am going to do 1 workout for 30- 45 minutes in the morning.
- I'm going to cut back on my classes at spiece to give me more nights free to go to the barn. I have had a bunch of things to do during the week now (union meetings, staff meetings, meetings with the florist) and it's taking away from my barn time. If I do a good workout in the morning I don't need to go to a class at spiece, I can go to the barn and be just fine! It's so much better for me mentally.
- I added a new reward to my getting up in the morning. I'm going to make myself "earn" turbofire 2 when it comes out by getting up 4/5 weekdays in the morning and execising. If I do this I get $10 towards turbofire 2. So in theory I will have to get up 12-16 weeks to buy it!
- I have my morning workout schedule all made with my TF/CLX for 8 weeks, then X2 for 4 weeks, then TF/CLX for 4 weeks, X2 final four weeks then final 8 weeks TF/CLX. I think it will be fun.
- My miles goal is pretty much going out the window. I'm still 50/50 about if I want to enter any 5k or 10k races this year. I really wanted to do fort for fitness 10K but the training for that takes alot of dedication and I have no clue where I will be with wedding things. So I think for now I'm putting running on the back burner also.
So as a review I"m not going to worry about night workouts, running or spiece classes. That will actually free up my time alot! With the free time I will go to the barn more so I don't feel like I'm neglecting my horse!
I will also continue my morning workouts b/c they just make my day awesome. And with that I will be going to bed earlier at night. I'm going to start getting ready around 10 or 10:30. If I want to go to the occasional step or kick class I can. They offer step at 8am on Saturday and Kick at 5:30 on Friday.
I will be going to centergy more. This past Saturday I did a centergy/run combo and it was awesome. So I'm hoping for strength training 3x/wk and cardio 3-4x/wk.
I'm not sure how long the simplifying will last. Perhaps when the wedding is more planned and my stress level returns to normal. Right now I kind of feel like my head is going to spin off but that is because I'm overwhelmed. And I am overwhelmed b/c I try to fit in 50 million things everyday! It's not working anymore. Planning a wedding is a BIG TIME CONSUMING thing! So I need to allow myself to enjoy it while it lasts. And I think as long as I don't give up my exercise..which I have no intention of doing then I will be fine!
Any suggestions/thoughts are welcome!
Thursday, February 02, 2012
I'm not going to spend very much time on January review. It was about the worst month exercise wise I've had since I've joined spark..seriously. I had 10 off days and barely made 1,000 minutes. I mean like at 8pm on 1/31 I went into my room and did 65 minutes of exercise. BUT I was really proud of myself b/c I could have just said screw it and stayed below 1,000. I made myself get up and do the exercise and 1,000 minutes I set out to do. I actually had my original January goal at 1,500 minutes but cut myself slack since I was sick like the first week and 1/2 of January and made it 1,000 minutes. So I tuck it into the back of my brain and move onto February!! Yay!
Goals for February:
Getting up at least 4/5 days in the morning
Go to at least 2 centergy classes
Go to the barn at least once a week. I totally need to get back into my riding!
I would be thrilled if I would lose a couple inches. Not focusing on weight anymore! I weighed myself 2/1 and won't weigh again until 3/1.
For the wedding I want to get all the bridesmaids measured and dresses ordered, book the photographer, pick out a cake, start looking at invitations and maybe get the tux's ordered (not sure when that needs to happen).
I might think of more but for now this is enough!
Get An Email Alert Each Time ANH102712 Posts