Wednesday, January 02, 2013
Its hard to admit.... I was about 163 before the holidays and now I'm at 171.5!
The husband and I started a new gym. At the gym I got an assessment hat evaluates my physical/ healthy abilities. It was no shocker.... I did extremely well on the VO2 max text ( not sure if I am saying this right)... the trainer said he could tell that I run a lot and that I was in shape. I was above average for physical ability, which included a test on weight lifting. The only shocking part of the whole thing was to find out I have 46 pounds of fat on me! (27 % body fat)
After the assessment the trainer asked if I had any questions on the results... and I told him... " So the results really just say I'm a really fit fat person?!" That was the wake up call!
So since exercise is obviously not my problem, my new year resolutions are going to be more diet centered, with a couple of fitness stuff in as well:
1. I want to get down to at least 150, 145 is my ideal weight by late February or March
2. I am going back to the gym for the trainer to give me an exercise plan, which will include weights, so my next goal will be to keep up with the plan that he gives me.
3. I have joined Weight Watchers ( I briefly did WW for about 4 months in 2011 but didn't really track my food very well) and I want to track and stay within my point range each day.
4. Track my food in Sparkpeople at least 6 days out of the 7 days a week. Sparkpeople helps me see that I make sure to get enough protein ( which I think was my problem when I did WW in 2011) tp stay full
5. Workout 5 to 6 days a week
6. Get 7 - 9 hours a day of sleep
7. I am doing a couple of half marathons in February and March and I would like to get a time in the low 1:50's
I really want to lose this extra weight in 2013.... I have no excuses anymore.... Sammy is 17 months! I can't go on the excuse of " I just had a baby".
On other note Sammy is getting so big! He loves playing for hours at a time with his blocks, and I often take him to the park to play. He loves running in the grass at the park ( maybe he will be a future runner like his mama?) He goes to work with me , I do accounting at by husband's work.
I got a new job ( part time) late in 2012 doing accounting work for a school in Albuquerque. I go up to ABQ twice a month, and take Sammy with me, to get paperwork and work at the school, then I go back to Las Cruces and finish .the remainder of my work. This jobs really nice, since it pays very nicely! Sammy has both sets of grandparents ( my dad and my husband's mom and dad) there and they take turns watching him for me while I got to the school to work. Sammy has gotten to see his grandparents a lot more because of this, which makes me happy. My mom died when I was in college and that always makes me remember how people won't be around forever.
Some other non health related goals for 2013 for me are:
1. Help my MIL stay focused on her weight loss and help her succeed with WW ( she does WW as well, and was one of the reasons I first started and now joined back again). Its hard to lose weight, and she especial is having a hard time, but needs to lose the weight for health reasons so I want to be her motivator!
2. Take Sammy to the park to play at least once a week
3. Make more of an effort to see family.... my dad, brother, my husbands parents, my husbands sister and our niece.... I don't want to say next year we should do this... I want to do it this year!
Well sorry for the long ramble but there it is... my resolutions, mixed in with an update, for 2013!
Here's a picture of all three of us at a wedding in October:
Wednesday, March 07, 2012
So this a little late... but with a baby, working out and work its hard to get anything done on time now! I got measured on 3-1-12 compared to my measurements I posted in November of 2011:
Nov 14, 2011 March 1, 2012 Difference
body weight 181 170.8 (- 10.2)
body fat % 31.6 25.4 ( -6.2 )
BMI 26 25.2 ( -.8 ) ( almost normal again!)
shoulders 43 42 ( -1)
chest 38 36 (-2)
waist 36 32.5 (-3.5 )
hips 41 39 (-2)
thigh 23 22 ( -1)
calf 16 15.5 ( -.5)
arm 13 13 (same)
Slow progress, but at least its something! I can't wait to get out of the 170's! It seems like I have been in the 170's since January! I would like to be in the 150's when I run my marathon at the end of April ( April 28), but I don't know if that is possible....
As for keeping my goals that I set for the new year: I have tried a new veggie each month... January was baby beet greens, and February was turnips! Both were from the local co-op and where grown locally on the co-op farm! Here are my goals for March:
1. To get out of the 170's! I want to see the 160's!
2. I have been getting to bed by 10pm ( what was my goal for January) but now I think I need to get to bed earlier ..... 9:30pm bed time!
3. I have been good about getting most of my workouts done in the am so I want to continue this to be a goal for March
4. I am going to try and batch cook on the weekends so that I have dinners for my hubby and I ( since he and I work late ( me 7pm him til 10pm some nights) its hard to make meals and I end up getting him take out. I am pretty good about making me a breakfast, lunch and dinner the night before but they are pretty boring meals. My hubby, don't know if any of you run into this problem as well, hates " healthy food" so I have to make him a different dinner, or if I don't have time .... Taco Bell!
What are some of your guys "go to" dinner meals? If you batch cook for the week what are some of the dinners that you cook?
Get An Email Alert Each Time ANGIERUNNER Posts