Saturday, March 10, 2012
Good: I lost 1.5 lbs this week and I'm down 25 lbs since my start again with SparkPeople in July. Yay! Very happy to get to this point!
Bad: This morning my 5 year old son said to me, "Mommy, you have a fat butt." This really hurt my feelings and he got a lecture about this and how it hurt my feelings and to never tell anyone that they are fat or that a part of them is fat because it's just mean. I can only imagine how much worse I'd feel if I wasn't already completely committed to healthy living and weight loss. And what he doesn't know is how much different my butt is now from what it was before he was born when I was 300 lbs. I had a huge shelf butt. That was my biggest body part. Now, post-baby, my stomach is bigger than my butt - and it is getting flatter.
Good: Went to see The Lorax movie with my son and really enjoyed it. Son liked it, too. Motivated to plant things.
Bad: Smacked on the head by a teenager while sitting in my seat at the movie theater. Also bad - a family came in very late, like half hour into the show and chose to sit in our aisle. The little boy tried to shove past me and I had to tell him to wait because that was my injured leg and I had to get up to let them past. Sigh.
Good: Hubby bought us a new wireless printer/scanner for the house! We've got an older laser printer which has been out of toner for about a year, but the toner costs $150, which is about twice what he paid for the new device.
Bad: My knee went out of whack yesterday afternoon during my second walk. It's been really hurting me a lot, though went back in overnight. Still sensitive today. I didn't exercise at all yet today, though I'm going to go try to do a bit of a dance party. This is safe enough, because I can stop and sit if my knee starts hurting again.
Good: I had an OMG dinner!! Salmon marinated in maple syrup and low sodium teriyaki sauce (yes, again! This is phenomenal!) with crushed pistachios on top and fresh lemon. I served this with brown and wild rice with flax meal, sugar snap peas, raw baby carrots, raw bell peppers (yellow, orange, red), with a bit of hummus. (picture coming). What an awesome meal it was!
I am clearly PMSing today (boo) and had food-gasms from this meal plus from the Ghirardelli chocolate mint squares I had earlier. I took a bite of that and shut my eyes and went "Mmmm!" and my son was watching and wondered what I was doing. I said I was savoring it, so he shut his eyes and said, "Mmmmm!" just like me. LOL! Well, not bad if he turns into a foodee, too, as long as he can learn portion control and healthy choices.
Friday, March 09, 2012
I'm in the Better Sleep Challenge and should be at the end of week 3 (of 4). I am doing much better lately, getting closer to 7-8 hrs each night for the last three or four nights. I had been staying up waiting for my husband to get home, which was turning out to be 2-4 AM. Then I had to be up at 7:30-8 AM, so I was not getting enough sleep at all. I had to start going to bed earlier. I have and I feel much better. I have more energy all day, I can exercise more, I stay on track with healthy eating more, I can resist sugar cravings better, and I have more patience for my son and husband. It is close to bedtime right now and I just lost a huge post about this due to some technical glitch of it suddenly saying I had entered my name and password wrong and then the window closed. I have no idea what that was about. This is briefer than the first write-up.
1. What time did you wake up today? - 6:30 AM
2. What time are you lying down to go to sleep? before 1 AM, close to midnight
3. What, if any, was your bedtime routine? - take out contacts, use bathroom, and brush teeth, stop listening to loud music if I was, and just get to bed. I can usually fall right asleep. If I can't, a little reading helps.
4. What were the last food(s) you consumed tonight? (Include type, amount, and time you ate.)
Fish dinner at 9:30 with Hake fillet, broccoli, and brown and wild rice. Then an ice cream bar and green mint tea - by 10 pm. This was a bit too late for me to eat my meal.
5. Did you exercise today? (Include the type, duration, and time of day if you exercised.)
Yes, two walks - one mile in 22 minutes and .8 mile in 24. My knee went out of place during second walk this evening and I was not able to do my dance party exercise.
6. Did you consume any alcoholic beverages today? (Include type, number, and time of day.)
7. Did you consume any caffeinated drinks or foods today? (Include type, number, and time of day.)
Yes, black tea about noon, and two cups of green tea - late afternoon and right after dinner (10 pm). Still very sleepy, though.
8. Did you take any medications (prescription and/or over-the-counter) today? (Include type, amount, and time of day.)
No, just my vitamins
9. Did you take any naps today? (Include number of naps, duration of each, and time of day.)
10. What types of stressors did you encounter today, and what types do you expect to encounter tomorrow?
husband annoyed me somewhat, but mostly the stressor was my sore knee hurting and preventing me from exercising as much as I wanted.
tomorrow - my son will probably bug me to play a lot. I hope my knee will be better. Husband will be home.
11. How hungry did you feel today? (1- Not hungry, 2- Normal hunger, 3- Strong hunger, 4- Extreme hunger)
3- normal, moderate hunger. I ate regularly.
12. How awake did you feel today? (1- Exhausted, 2- Somewhat tired, 3- Fairly alert, 4- Wide awake)
somewhere between 2 and 3
13. How irritable did you feel today? (1- Calm, 2- Slightly annoyed, 3- Moderately irritable, 4- Highly irritable)
no more than 2
Next, draw a line of Zzz's across the page beneath your answers to these questions.
When you wake up, answer the following questions below your "sleep" line:
1. How long did it take you to fall asleep last night? (This may be an estimate.)
less than 5 minutes. Falling asleep is not usually a challenge for me.
2. How many times did you wake up during the night? (Include times you woke up and how long you stayed awake.)
none.. just about 6:15 when I figured my son would be up soon.. and then I got up at 6:30.
3. In total, how many hours did you sleep last night?
6 and a half! Felt just a tiny bit sleep deprived.
Heading to bed in about 5 minutes now.. so it will be close to midnight again. Getting more sleep has definitely been helpful!
Thursday, March 08, 2012
I actually have a total of 30 test strips for the blood glucose monitor, not "30 extra boxes and the 10 that come with it" which I incorrectly stated. Used one for the control solution to make sure monitor worked right and then one for my husband to test his and demonstrate how it was done.
I walked 1.4 miles in 34 minutes.
Later on - 5 minutes hula hooping.
And then I did 50 minutes Dance Party from about 5-6 pm.
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Have you ever used Kiva.org to help someone else with a $25 loan? This is a great program. I did it before about 10 years ago and did get my money paid back eventually. I think it's a great system. So there is a huge donation by a company which is paying for up to 4000 loans as free trials - to female borrowers. So check it out, pick someone to donate to, and sign up - for free. I did that and picked one more to lend my own money to.
Wednesday, March 07, 2012
This is a Dance Party, Woohoos, and update on me. Positive energy.
The end of that was trying to explain that I am at 43 HDL (good cholesterol) and it should be 50+. For every 10 lbs you lose you go up 1.5 points of HDL.. So to get 7 more points, I need to lose another 50 lbs (or 45). 50 lbs from here is my main goal = 199 lbs. So it's just added motivation. :)
Get An Email Alert Each Time ANGELWENDYMAMA Posts