Wednesday, July 10, 2013
I've been focused on my health since 2009 and I know that every now and then you can do the work and the scale won't show it. What do you do? Do you throw in the towel? Do give up? Do you grab a cheeseburger? No way jose!
I know for me, that I need to tell myself that I'm doing great things for my body. I'm eating the right foods, I'm drinking water, I'm drinking Shakeology, I'm exercising and making all of the right steps. If the scale doesn't show it today, then that is ok. It could be water weight, sodium, or my body isn't ready to release the fat.
I like to say release the fat, instead of losing it, because when you lose something you usually find it again.
We all need to keep our head on straight and know that we are making the right moves. If you're on Spark reading this, then you are on the right path. Keep it up! We are on this together my friend.
Monday, February 18, 2013
Even after losing weight and admittedly with a ways to go, I still find that I have an urge to overeat! Am I the only one? I don’t think so!
I have found a handful, no pun intended, of ways to avoid hitting those restaurants that are sure to ruin a great weigh in! Here are my top five ways to avoid a binge!
1. Grab some H20!—Water is often what our body is really craving. The eight cups a day model is so old school and is for the person who weighs 120 pounds! Especially for weight loss purposes, we should be drinking half of our body weight in ounces a day. So, if you weigh 300 pounds then you should drink 150 ounces.
2. Get moving!—I’m not saying you need to do a full workout in the middle of the day, but stand up and stretch, go for a quick walk, jump around! When we get our bodies moving, good endorphins are released to help counteract that negative spiral that is occurring between our ears!
3. Are you hungry or craving something?—Being able to answer that question will certainly be able to keep us from overeating. When we are hungry we will eat anything including healthy option like fruits or vegetables. If we are craving something, typically trigger foods, then we need to be able to recognize that it is a negative craving and find something to take our mind off of the craving.
4. Portions!—Portion control is a huge (again no pun intended) when it comes to trying to be able to live a healthy lifestyle. I’m working toward and trying to teach my family to live a lifestyle of healthy choices, not a diet. Diets are temporary and this is a lifestyle that will last a lifetime.
5. Pray!—MC Hammer said it best when he said, “You got to pray just to make it today.” I know you are singing the rest of that song right now! It is truth. Sometimes we need to step back and recognize that God is in control and we are His body. We are here to carry out His mission and part of that is taking care of His temple.
What do you do when you feel that you are about to go over the edge? What tips do you have for me?
Have an awesome and healthy day!
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Has it been awhile or what? Life sure is crazy these days! Well, let’s get started we have a lot to catch up on since I last wrote I think in October!
What has happened since then? We had baby number four! Matthew was born on November 20th and the entire process was interesting. Yes, I said baby number four. One would think that being number four that he would just fall out. Nope! That would be too easy! This dude stuck around past his due date!
We were not big fans of “induction” in the normal sense of the word. You know…using drugs to push him out. So, God bless my wife Terri, she had her water broke and then put on her walking shoes and trekked through the hospital. I’m pretty sure I broke a sweat trying to keep up with her while holding the I.V. Literally, within about three hours Matthew James was born close to 10 pounds!
He has been a rock star since! As the fourth child we have broken all of the rules pretty much since day 1. He sleeps with us, with a blanket, on his stomach and I’m pretty sure all three of his older siblings have fed him food….I’m just kidding on that one (I think!).
While we were in the hospital for his birth, I was running in and out to attend job interviews, get the kids to Thanksgiving, and back to take care/be with Terri. Thankfully, we had awesome family help during this time and everything went great.
I ended up getting a new job as well! This is how the next couple of months played out: baby on November 20, last day at old job December 14, new job on December 17, and then a trip to Richmond, IN for Christmas, three Christmas celebrations here locally! Whew! I’m tired just writing about it!
Now, Terri and I are finding balance between our relationship with God, each other, and our children while maintaining our fitness. Terri started a Brazil Butt Lift Challenge with a group of friends and they had great result. Meanwhile, I’ve been taking to the gym and doing P90X off of my iPhone. It is certainly a challenge to find that perfect balance, but we are doing our best.
I hope to be more consistent with my blog and keep you updated on my weight loss journey. I have to be honest with you and let you know that I have gained some weight during the last couple of months. I haven’t lost focus of my overall goals, but I have let the stress get to me. I’m back up to 295 and that is the baseline for my next sprint to lose the rest of this weight.
How do you stay focused? Do you have any favorite recipes? What about quick and efficient lunch ideas?
Monday, November 21, 2011
You can read the blog on my main page at Health and Wealth Makeover www.healthandwealthmakeover.com/2011
Monday, August 01, 2011
I'm still around, but have been blogging at my website healthandwealthmakeover.com
I have maintained over the last year or so which in some ways is a dissapointment and other ways I'm proud. We had our third child on December 29th. So, that makes 3 under 3 and on top of that work has been crazy. It is the first time in my life that I have maintained a weight!
I'm not making excuses, but it is the fact. I'm learning how to properly mangage all of the schedules of being a husband, father, employer, employee and getting Health and Wealth Makeover off of the ground. It has been hard.
I still think of Sparkpeople and all of the wonderful friends here. You guys are great and hopefully I will see more of ya! Or should that be less of ya?!?
Join me on Facebook at Facebook.com/HealthandWealthMakeover
Get An Email Alert Each Time ADAMUNDERHILL Posts