Monday, December 27, 2010
As of today, I have one year's perfect attendance on Sparkpeople. That is an incredible feat in itself, even though I was away from my computer many times during the year, I managed to log in on hubby's I-phone or a laptop somewhere. I went back to 2009 and reposted my goals to see how I did. OH, it's fifty-fifty I guess. What a struggle but at least I had some goals.
How did I do?
1. Post daily - Did that
2. walk the dog, Panda daily - I did walk Panda more but not daily. We have another dog visiting, Katie. I would like to keep her as she loves the attention we give her. Son wants her back. I vow to get out and walk panda more this year. We are both older.
3. Participate in Bootcamp and daily exercises. - Okay, I did not do this, not even the first day. I have an aversion to exercise, however, I got a WII for Christmas and I am going to buy the WII fit with balance board so hopefully I can get moving more.
4. Walk with my buddy Pat 3 times a week. These are good walks, about 3 miles and 50 min each. - I have walked with Pat but not as often as we need to. Today it is 26 degrees here in FLorida so forget going out! I did accomplish a Coach to 5K program even though I kept walking and not running. ANd I was in several races but I need to improve on that.
5. use the food and nutrition information and track food eaten. _ I did track quite a bit the first half of the year and then decided to do WW online which I also did for a while. In Sept, when we renovated our house, I backslid and never did fully recover. I did however, rejoin WW and plan to get into theirnew program in 2011.
6. Read the SPARK Book and get involved. Checkk!!! I enjoyed the read.
7. Find a good buddy on Spark who is motivated with me. - Made many good buddies!!! FIrst one was Kaseycoff and she has been incredibly successful this year. iIll have to follow her lead.
8. Cook dinner more often than eating out. Yes and no. Mostly did but the last 2 months it seems we ate out a lot. Parties are over so back to cooking.
9. Make healthy food choices at each meal. I've been incredible successful at doing so, even when eating out. I am eating more veggies and fruits and plan to continue and up my intake.
10. Do whatever it takes to keep it up. - I keep trying and coming back for more. Can't ask for more than that.
Well, I didn't do so badly, about fifty-fifty but in review, I need to do more. If I hadn't set these goals last year, I wouldn't have any accomplishment. I plan to read my blogs from last year to see how I did during the year.
Positives, I learned to quilt and renewed my passion! Made several quilts for Christmas and plan to continue. I already have planned blocks of the month! I set aside a room in my home for sewing. It's a mess right now but for the new year, I want to reorganize it and keep it that way I hope. I tend to keep my projects out in the open rather than putting things away. I've always felt that when I put things away, I'll lose them. That is why my desk is cluttered and at 62, I don't know if I can change that.
Lost 8 pounds, probably gained a few back but at least I am less than I started last year. My clothes fit better. This year I will continue to post every day. I think that is so important in keeping focus! Later.