Friday, March 26, 2010
YOU CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF WITHOUT CHANGING YOURSELF!
Today marks 90 days of my spark journey of perfect attendance and daily blogging! What have I learned?
1. Nutrition Tracking is the most important tool there is! It has helped me up my fiber intake and eat more fruits and vegetables! I've also learned, that if I track my food, even when I think I had a bad day, it is not as bad as I thought.
2. I learned again that is really tough for me to lose weight. We have such a busy lifestyle with lots of social and networking activities where food and alcohol is involved. However, I know I will be successful eventually with the help of my Spark friends! I weighed today and I'm up a pound but have had a loss of 6 pounds in 90 days. Not incredible but consistant and better than 90 days ago.
3. I've committed to Running 101 to get off the couch and participate in a 5K on May 1. Unfortunately, this week, I have fallen down in participation but will try to regroup next week. We had another social activity where the Chamber of Commerce took a group to the Ice Hockey game in Pensacola and we stopped for pizza on the way over. I missed my running class but what's a body to do? My husband works at the Chamber and organized the event. However, I did spark the two people sitting next to me at the game when they mentioned they were both on diets. One woman had lost 20 pounds in a week by only eating 500 calories a day. She needs the Spark! This weekend is the Builder's Assoc Home Show and I have a booth so I'll be stuck there for 2 days. No clue about food but I'll take an apple and a bar with me and some water. I will also miss my run on Sat morning but business is business. Maybe I'll take my shoes and take a walk in the afternoon. Depends on how busy I am. On Sunday, I am teaching a seminar about window treatments and what's Hot!
4. I've learned that if there is ice cream or cake in the house, I will eat it until it is gone. The trick is not to buy it or have any more birthdays.
5. Planning is key. I don't have any future eating occasions that I can't plan for until April 9th. So I've got two weeks to devote myself to tracking, walking, and planning. Hubby sings Barbershop and we have a district competition April 9, 10, and 11 in Jacksonville. Staying in a hotel and eating at Hooters doesn't do too well for a diet either. But what's a body to do? I have almost 2 weeks to get organized for it and hopefully lose a pound or two.
I've got a busy day and weekend ahead so got to go!
Here I am taking a break from setting up the Home Show. Beautiful day in Sunny Florida. That's the life!