Saturday, February 27, 2010
YOU CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF WITHOUT CHANGING YOURSELF!
Okay, this week is almost over and one eating occasion left, tonight. Hubby's Magic of Harmony barbershop show was fabulous last night, almost 900 people there. AFterwards we had the Afterglow Party with food and drink and I did, eat and drink that is. I felt so thin and good looking all day. My pants are hanging on me. I should have weighed yesterday but I got on the scale this morning and no change. Just hovering around the same weight as usual. With beer and all those chicken wings and ribs, my stomach is churning. It would be impossible for me to chart this on my tracker, too depressing. This morning I felt this glob of food still in my gut and hubby decides to cook bacon and eggs. Blaah! He ended up eating the 2 eggs and all the bacon himself. I had a slice of whole wheat toast with a little butter(he put that on it) and a protein milkshake. Still churning but I'm drinking my water and I will just start over again today. Maybe my experience from last night will keep my appetite in check tonight at the fund-raiser. I hope they have a veggie tray.
The positive side of all of this is that I WILL and AM starting over again today. I WILL lose 30 lbs by the end of July and it WILL start coming off soon as I WILL be starting a new exercise program in March. I HAVE given up sweets and desserts and this is a big positive for me as I had them daily. WE even have ice cream fudgsicles in the freezer and they've been there a while. I seem to prefer yogurt now.
I'm taking today and tomorrow to rethink and set some goals for March. I must start some sort of consistent exercise program. I prefer walking outdoors but when it rains, nothing gets done. I have DVD's but my excuse is not being able to work the machine right to play on the TV. Maybe I need to spend some time on that today and get that organized. Yes, I can do that and hubby offered to help me with anything today as he headed off to exercise himself.
With my goals this month, I am going to include some personal and business goals. I'm letting my business go to pot and I can't seem to get motivated. Of course I lost the whole month of January as I was trying to reduce medications which didn't work and I was underperforming. February I was just catching up.
I have NO eating occasions for this week except Friday when I drive to Tallahassee for a regional meeting and lunch. Three hours to and from. I'll pack a snack so I don't have to stop at McDonald's in between. Hubby will be gone all weekend to Orlando for a Rotary meeting so what I eat is up to me and I can maybe motivate myself to do something positive. Anybody out there want to challenge me? On March 9 I go for a fasting blood test and then the next week, I see my doc for a physical. I want good results, a few pounds off, cholesterol down, etc. I can lose a few pounds in 10 days don't you think? Thanks for all your help!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
YOU CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF WITHOUT CHANGING YOURSELF!
When you own a business and you are active in the community, there are loads of eating opportunities and I take advantage of every single one of them. No wonder I put on weight. Just this week, I am only half way through the 4 eating ops available to me. Sunday was our church Tasting Fare and I did okay with that. Last night was the 4 chamber mixer and I ate more than I should have but it was okay. I did have some frozen yogurt and some chocolate which I had put off limits for Lent but it was a special occasion and I didn't eat that much.
Friday night, my husband sings barbershop and we have a show to go to. Afterward is the AfterGlow where they celebrate the success of the show and go to a local restaurant for food and drink again. Of course there is beer and wine to go along with it. Then on Saturday night, we go to a big fund raiser for the local community theater group and of course, food and drink again. THAT IS FOUR IN ONE WEEK! I'll do good just to eat sensibly and not over do it like I've done in the past. Eat and eat and Eat. I'm going to shoot for just Eat.
This morning, I feel the urge to go for a walk. It's sunny but cold but I could bundle up and take the dog. AFterall, I have a challenge to do so. I have end of the month bookwork to do when I get back. Everyone always tells me I have such a fun job being a decorator. And I do! But it is a business and there is bookwork that comes along with it and that is the not so fun part. So, onto my day.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
yOU CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF WITHOUT CHANGING YOURSELF!
Okay, this is Day 60 of my journey and I decided to go back and look at all 60 blogs I have written to review my progress. My first day was Dec 27, 2009. What have I learned since then?
1. Focus and commitment are necessary if you want to succeed at weight loss and fitness. If you get off track, refocus on the task at hand and recommit.
2. As I read the book which I received in early January, I learned that tracking your food intake was essential to see what you were eating. I always hated doing that but the spark tracker is so easy and so fast and so correct. I love doing it now and programming my food for the day.
3. On Day 12, I learned about moderation being the key to success and so I gave up trying to do the bootcamp, and stuck to learning how to eat and keep track of my business at the same time. In addition, I was trying to reduce one of the medications I have been taking for depression and was having trouble with that.
3. Day 17 was my big AH HA day of all time and I was a featured blog post! I realized that day, January 12, 2010 which will be forever etched on my memory, YOU CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF WITHOUT CHANGING YOURSELF! THis is not a hurry up and lose the weight and get to goal so I can start eating again. This is a slow process which will take time and I will never be able to eat the same way again. That was HUGE for me!
4. Day 22, from the Book, I learned that I should measure my food portions. Instead of throwing the cereal in the bowl, I actually measure the portion. I've discovered that 3/4 c of shredded wheat and bran is good for me rather than the 1 1/4 c they suggest. So now I measure. I also learned the importance of Criss Cross, how everything crosses over to other things.
5. Day 27 - Meltdown Day! Here I was doing what I thought I should be doing and nothing was happening. In addition, my depression was getting me down. Getting off meds wasn't working. At this point, I would have given up on other diets but I knew I needed to persevere.
6. Day 30 was time to get back on the medication I was trying to get off. That little blue pill meant more to me than I realized. Without it, I was sluggish, discouraged, one step below normal. It takes about 2 weeks for meds to take effect so I had a few more days to recover.
7. Day 34. Disillusionment on my progress. Sigh!
8. Day 39 Whoo Hoo! I received perfect attendance and 500 points! That was quite an honor and an achievement on my part to stick it out even though the scale wasn't showing progress. I reviewed my 3 main goals that I started with and found myself achieving them.
a. Cook dinner 5 out of 7 nights a week. This is a biggie as we were eating out many nights a week and I decided that had to stop, not only to save money but to have a better diet.
b. Reserve sweets and desserts for special occasions. WE had gotten in the habit of always having some kind of dessert after every meal. I have won that battle and last week, I committed to keeping that up for Lent. It's working!
c. Eat 5 fruits and veggies a day. I'm eating more and more and I don't feel bad about piling my plate with green beans.
9. Day 42. Recovered from my battle with depression and I've gotten all my tax paperwork done and caught up on some business goals.
10. Day 59 I wrote about choosing teams and how it is a trial and error thing. With digestive problems, I joined the IBS team and I learned about the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber and how to balance what you eat.
And now I am on Day 60 and loving it. I have lost about 5 pounds which isn't much but my belly is flatter and my pants aren't tight anymore. I can easily button all of my pants and have a little room. I tried on a shirt I couldn't button last year and now I can. I am committed to upping my exercise and getting out to walk more now that the weather is warmer. I can easily walk 3 miles with my friend Pat and we did so yesterday. It was lovely and I felt thinner this morning. Adding that walk at least 3 times a week ought to get the weight moving.
My ultimate goal is to lose 30 pounds by the end of July. I think I can do that! The nutrition tracker is now my best friend, aside from all my spark friends of course. Thanks Spark! Best place I've been in a long time.
Get An Email Alert Each Time 4DOGNIGHT Posts