Friday, October 22, 2010
Stole this from iwillbefit2010
What time did you get up this morning? 5:11 am
2. How do you like your steak? medium rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Shutter Island
4. What is your favorite TV show? NCIS LA or one of the CSIs
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? clear ocean, white sandy beach (caribbean works for me right now)
6. What did you have for breakfast? Two eggs with cayenne and mince onion
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian
8. What foods do you dislike? Brussel sprouts
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Don't really have one
10. Favorite dressing? My own that I've made up (balsamic vinegar and oil with a variety of salts)
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Dodge Durango
12. What are your favorite clothes? When I'm in all black with a red necklace
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? empty right now
15. Where would you want to retire? beach - Mexico or a caribbean island
16. Favorite time of day? about 4 p.m
17. Where were you born? Oklahoma (where the wind goes sweeping over the plain.. oh yeah, stop the singing)
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Hockey and football (loving baseball right now though)
19. How many siblings? 1 brother
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Play poker, read - sand volleyball
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Doesn't matter, glad to have fun with it.
22. Bird watcher? Birds??? YUCK
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Afternoon person
24. Do you have any pets? Yep, two doggies and a cat (Rhodesian Ridgeback, Labrador and a brown tabby)
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Maybe tomorrow
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Sportscaster
27. What is your best childhood memory? Feeding the deer while camping at Possum Kingdom lake
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog, not sure how we got the cat.. kid
29. Are you married? yes
30. Always wear your seat belt? Always
31. Been in a car accident? Yep
32. Any pet peeves? This could take awhile, mainly people who know a lane is ending you speed around everyone and cut in at the top of the lane, therefore slowing the whole process down.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Personal favorite is chicken and artichoke, but eat a lot of pepperoni because I cater to the family.
34. Favorite Flower? Pink rose (Probably why my daughter's middle name is Rose)
35. Favorite ice cream? Cherry Garcia
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Arby's
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? People fail this??
38. From whom did you get your last email? Spark hehehe
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Dillards or Macy's
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Nope
41. Like your job? Despise my job and the corporate environment
42. Broccoli? Love it...
43. What was your favorite vacation? if a long weekend counts 2008, if not, 2005 - Jamaica my wedding
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? hubby
45. What are you listening to right now? The HVAC unit in our building sounding like it's going to cave in on top of me
46. What is your favorite color? It changes with my mood - teal right now
47. How many tattoos do you have? 1
48. How many people will fill this out? As many who want to
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 2:16
50. Coffee Drinker? Nope, never have been
Thursday, October 21, 2010
For all of you who are fighting a plateau or watching your scale go up and down even though you know you are doing the right thing, keep fighting the good fight. Don't despair, don't let it affect your mood.
I for one admit - the scale has been my enemy. I've been on a plateau since mid July (wow coincides with exactly the same time my husband got laid off). Then suddenly my weight changed within two week.... UP..... eight pounds at the highest point. I work out 5-6 days per week, keep my calorie count within the spark recommended or not more than 200 calories higher, so how do you think that made me feel? Not only was I struggling with our financial issues, the job and shift change and now my weight has gone nutso in the upward direction? Believe me I was ready to chuck it all.
But - before pictures... they are a great motivator. Look at them and look how far you've come. If anything in your health has changed - ask yourself, - Do I want that back? Mine was knee pain, I seriously cried every night after bowling and winced going down stairs (I work on the second flor).
Change a few things. I figured it was probably a little hormonal (cortisol out of control), which brought on water weight, because I KNOW I had not eaten an extra 28,000 calories in two weeks. If I did, I SURE didn't remember enjoying it. So, changed the breakfast, back to high protein (two eggs in the morning) and doubled up the water. I'm already drinking 64-72 ounces a day. Now I'm way over 100 ounces. Yes I pee .... A LOT. But, in four days, the scale is back down six pounds.
So those of you with the daily fluctuations of a half pound or a pound, don't despair. Just keep tracking and working out. For the plateau people, find something to change up, one thing at a time, either change the workout, or do what I did, add more water. Or, start measuring those inches. It's crazy the way the body works, but the inches do creep off slowly, especially if you are doing strength training.
I can't say the plateau is broken yet as I haven't gone below the lowest weight. I did reset all my trackers and just said, oh well, this is a new set of goals, go for it.
And vent if you have to. We've all been there. We all have some ideas and maybe one of them will work for you. Don't give up and don't despair. It will happen if YOU keep trying. You are accountable only to you. If you know you are doing the right things, your body will respond. It may not respond according to our mathematical calculations, but it will. I promise. (I feel like I've blogged about this before.. oh well, repetition sometimes is good for the soul).
and sometimes there's that one comment from someone who has watched you workout and workout and then says "You look fantastic". That just tells me to tell the scale....... BITE ME, I got this.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
So if you couldn't tell I'm a sports nut. Big time Ranger fan, uh hum cough, choke, Cowboy fan and Dallas Stars fan. Anyway, Rangers are one game away from taking down the Evil Empire called the New York Yankees and going to the World Series. First time in their history (Rangers have been in Texas since 1972 and were previously the Washington Senators since 1961).
Well, I have tickets to game six. I was given them by someone else that couldn't go (well not given, but she's has a flexible payment plan). Now I'm in a dilemma. Because my hubby decided to call in sick, his check is short and yeah, we can't go. I can't even pay for parking much less have the gas to get there. So, my greatest hope is that they win today and I don't have to worry about this. It would be super awesome to get to go to my first post season game of the Rangers, but it looks like life is not going to let it happen.
So, yeah I'm happy for the Rangers, but boo I'm majorly depressed now because I'm freaking 47 years old and can't come up with $50 to pay for my gas the next week. My life totally sucks. and it's my daughter's birthday this weekend and my anniversary. and a negative checking account and I can't do this any more.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Technical Writer
2. Compliance Analyst
3. Ice cream slinger
4. Medical Transcriptionist
Four movies I have watched more than once:
2. Independence Day
3. Bad Boys (both of them)
4. National Treasure
Four places I have lived:
1. Lewisville, Texas (Dallas)
2. Wichita Falls, TX
3. Salt Lake City, UT
4. Yuma, Arizona
Guess if I was to claim where I was born - Lawton, Oklahoma
Four Places I have been:
1. Runaway Bay, Jamaica
2. Tulum, Mexico
3. Boston, MS
4. Niagara Falls (American side)
Four of my favorite foods:
1. Medium Rare Steak
4. Any pasta with an olive oil/garlic sauce
Four TV shows I watch: (after I TIVO them)
1. 2 1/2 Men
2. Rules of Engagement
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Brothers & Sisters
(All Dallas sporting events except soccer)
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Any clear water, white sand beach
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
1. Texas Rangers going to the World Series (okay it's still a dream but a viable one, edited one day later, a REALLY viable one... one more game baby, one more game. I get chills every time I say that)
2. Dropping at least 15 more pounds
3. Getting financially caught up
4. Getting back on track with my mother
Get An Email Alert Each Time 40PLUSANDFIT Posts