Wednesday, September 17, 2014
For my nieces 25th birthday, I wrote 25 things that I wanted her to know! What are some words of wisdom that you impart to your children and family members? I would love to hear them!
25. You will make mistakes in life. That's okay. Just own up to them, admit them and learn from them. Simple as that!
24. Read something every day! ( Of course, I had to throw that one in!)
23. Recite your favorite bible verse to yourself daily and lean on those words.
22. Eat some form of chocolate every day! That is very important!
21. Learn how you like your eggs! (Watch Runaway Bride to understand that piece of advice.)
20. Try a new food each month. You will be amazed at your changing taste buds.
19. There is no such thing as a bad piece of pizza!
18. Try to walk 10,000 steps a day. I know, seems a bit crazy, but it's a great habit to get into.
17. Always remember you can do anything you set your mind too! (Except go into the boys' bathroom!)
16. Cereal isn't just for breakfast!
15. Think outside the box!
14. Read John 15: 1-17 and live your life accordingly!
13. Know that friends can be family and family can be friends.
12. If and when you do have children, Dawn will make a great middle name for a red-headed girl and Nigel is a perfect name for a chubby-cheeked boy.....just saying! LOL I can see my family rolling their eyes at that one!
11. Always have a song in your heart and sing it LOUDLY! Sing in the shower, sing at work and sing in the car!
10. Smile when you answer the phone. The person on the other end can hear it and it will make their day.
9. Never, ever, never, ever wear your glasses in the ocean and bend down to pick up something shiny when a huge way is coming! The wave will knock your glasses off and you will never see them again and will be blind for three days until you can go home and wear your old pair of glasses! Or so I have been told!
8. I will be cheering the loudest of anyone when you graduated from college! You can and will do it!
7. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything! (Saw that on a T-shirt once and just loved it!
6. Continue to make those candy mints! Enough said!
5. Budget for emergencies. Budgets are hard but I know you make them work! You rock!
4. It is okay not to know what you want to be when you are 18, 21, 25, 30, 35, 40 or even 80. I have my dream job but someday I would love to have a career as Jeff Gordon's gas man! LOL!
3. In the ever-changing world of technology, remember to go old school every once in a while and write someone a hand-written note! It will tug at their heart strings to be remembered that way!
2. Remember to know that I love you, pray for you and will always have your back! I will never judge you (that's not my job) and will always listen to you! You may not have grown inside of me but you grew in my heart! I remember the first moment I held you, I promised you I would always be there for you! I love you!
1. Even though I love you more than words can say, Our Heavenly Father loves you even more! Remember to seek His guidance as He will never fail you!
Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.