Saturday, February 06, 2010
Well, on Wednesday I got into a car accident...I was crying on the way to work and telling my man that I am sick of how I look, feel, and that I need to go back to Jenny Craig. That it wouldn't cost as much as he thinks because I am spending WAY more now than I did on that program. It works for me and here's why:
1. Everything is planned and accounted for.
2. Its food I like already in the portions I need (no waste) I am throwing away SO much food lately. My boyfriend and I don't eat leftovers and cooking for me and him costs a fortune cuz we don't like the same foods...exactly...the crappy stuff we agree on!
3. By the time I go to work, then the gym, then home and showering, it's 9 PM!!! JC meals take me 10 minutes to make and again...I don't have to think or do extra shopping!
4. I am thinking of food all day...even when I preplan it in SP...I don't like much food in New Zealand, and what I do like is chips and dip, chocolate, and fish and chips...that's all I really crave when I am craving...and I just walk aimlessly down the isles in the grocery store here...then spend at least $60 and don't eat it. They don't have all the things I loved in America. They don't have all the nutritional information on the sides of containers...they don't do fat free, cholesteral free, ...etc....maybe a couple items....no sodium free....and this country is riddled with obesity and diabetes...I know lots of people here like that...and they don't get it here for some reason. It's very frustrating.
5. I am learning that I need JC and SP to make this work. I haven't been able to redeem my sparkpoints from e-mail, log my food, or the important things on here for almost a week...that is SUPER frustrating! SO...I am back with Jenny and so happy about it. I can finally focus on my life instead of food...and then, we'll take it step by step on trying to find things I like...and that don't cost a fortune...when I make dinner for us, I make what I know....which is American...and it usually costs us $50- $80 for dinner and we throw lots away! Sad. They love their roast chickens, potatoes and 5 veg..which they include as potatoes, corn, peas, and carrots....maybe beans...seriously...I miss my USA! Or at least my butt does! :)
So hopefully there won't be haters on here or people who are going to lecture me...I don't wanna hear it. I am a personal trainer, I know the pros and cons of each SP or JC, and until you go through what I go through...well...then you can come chat with me :) I will forever love SP and as soon as I can log my food and get this dang site to work, I will be logging and participating as normal...with my JC food! :)
Now, back to heating packs and codeine...got whiplash and a minor concussion in the car accident. Tried to walk last night but hurt too much, so only did 10 minutes and had to come home. :( I'll get there!!!!
Have a great rest of your weekend and I am SOOOO happy again. Next week I will be at Daydream Island and since yesterday I have already lost 2 1/2 pounds..thanks JC! I had pancakes for breakfast, pizza for lunch and fish and chips for dinner, caraml corn...and lots of veggies and fruit and yoghurt!!!! Seriously...love it! Jenny Craig food in the states is really yummy too...I miss it sometimes...they have great pizzas and breakfast egg mcmuffin...and cake!!!
Okay...I'm rambling....better go for now.
Love, belief, and success....
Monday, February 01, 2010
Well, I didn't complete my streak during week 1. There was 1 day that I didn't exercise or eat my veggies....and I haven't even been on SP much...that actually makes me feel more guilty! I'm of course NOT giving up and have been inspired by a lot in my life in the last week...work, home business, relationship with my man, and this...so I am feeling good....just ticked off I didn't do all 7 days.
So...we move forward today onto week 2 of The Spark and focus on some new steps to create great habits. I think I did learn a lot the first week even though I missed a day. It is nice to feel proud of yourself instead of always beating yourself up for mistakes...which I well being a perfectionist and All or nothing girl! But everyday I am reminding myself I am making better choices and I am moving more...for now...that's a great start!
Off to take my face off and crawl into bed.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I woke up with a headache this morning and it turned into a migraine. I couldn't wait to get home and crawl into my nice dark bedroom. I had made up my mind that I was going to kill my streaks today...that bothered me so much that I got out of bed around 7 PM and took the dog for a 12 minute walk, and then came home and made my 3 cups of green veggies. I ate junk today earlier....whenever I am sleepy or not well, I eat salty stuff. Today was chips...but I am okay with it...I still met my targets for my streak and am back in bed trying to go to sleep. Hopefully my headache will be gone tomorrow.
Have a full day tomorrow so I am trying to plan my food...I work from 9 am - 6 pm and at 7 pm I have my Creative Memories Regional meeting...have to get my veggies in salad form I think :) Then when I get home at 10 pm, I will have to take a walk to get my time in! Thank goodness I only work until 1 on Thursday! :) Nap time!
Well...have a great week!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Not lots to report on today, but I hit all three of my Fast Break targets and stayed within my food targets as well. Did'nt do so well on my water...usually I get it in everyday, but I think the filter in our fridge needs to be changed so it tasted funky!
I am off to bed now!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Well, I have finally read enough of the book, where I am up to Chapter 6 and going to REFOCUS on step one and follow the book as well as use my knowledge to move forward. This book is good and is such a great read. I think more people should read it. I knew a lot of this information, but it's always good to hear it again, and from another person's point of view. Chris makes it easy to understand for everyone of any age!
My 3 Fast Break Goals are:
1. Write in my journal EVERY NIGHT! I suck at consistency! But I have always had a journal since I was young.
2. Exercise EVERYDAY...even if it's 10 minutes with the dog around the block. Again...my consistency sucks! LOL
3. Eat 3 green veggies a day...I know this makes my butt and body smaller, but for me it's one of the hardest things to do. I really don't like veggies much. I like salads, but produce here isn't always the cheapest or the freshest, so I tend to buy lots of frozen, and NZ hasn't grasped the concept that peas and corn are carbs! SO they are in most mixed veggies. But I treat green veggies like medicine...if a doctor said eat these and lose weight...wouldn't you? yea...me too...so I do.
My spark time will be through various times of the day. Mostly at night preparing for the next day since I am not at my peak in the AM! :)
To set up shop, I have most things in place, I just need to keep a stash of snacks at work and in the car...otherwise I get home and I am super hungry.
Fast Break Reward: MAC Lipglass (I need a new Barely legal and I've been putting it off)
28-Day Completion Reward: Pandora Bracelet and a bead
I am going to revamp my vision collage...I do one of these every year for personal, spiritual, my home business, and general things I'd like in my life. The whole back of my bedroom door is the poster! :) I see it in bed morning and night.
SO...that's where I stand so far. Had a nice weekend just sleeping and sleeping...my fibromyalsia has been worse lately and I think the tired came from that. I feel better, dropped some pounds whenever I sleep lots, but when I'm not tired, I'm not really hungry. Also when things are stressing me emotionally, I tend to not et much either...so I have to work on that.
Well, it's time for bed. It's Sunday night in Christchurch NZ and I work at 8 AM tomorrow, then Acupuncture, and then the gym.
Get An Email Alert Each Time 1DRWOMAN Posts