Tuesday, February 21, 2012
The last couple of weeks I haven't blogged much because I kept reaizing things and wanted to write a long and lovely blog...well...it never happened...so I am going to do my best to relay my thoughts and findings and why I am really proud of myself.
I started doing the 100 Days of weight Loss by Linda Spangle and realized:
1. I don't ever feel guilty about not eating everything on my plate...never have!
2. I don't care if I offend people for saying NO THANK YOU. - I never have!
3. I am not destructive when I am emotional...I sleep...:)
4. I eat to complete my checklist of dietary needs...not to fill a void
5. My food choices are automatic...not forced or dreaded anymore. I know what to do 100% of the time...no matter the place, situation, or who I'm with.
6. I don't feel guilty when I splurge a little...I know it's not an everyday thing and I should enjoy it...no matter what the scale says.
7. I don't get all bajiggidy based on what the scale says...it is what it is and when it goes down, that's nice, but it doesn't make me any more or less of a powerful female!
8. I am not interested...I AM committed...but I have become patient thanks to all injuries and surgeries and meds.
9. YOU CAN STILL MAINTAIN AND LOSE when life hands you lemonade! You can control what you shove in your piehole. It's not an excuse...it's a reason to get healthier faster! Educate yourself and listen to your body...you'll get there if you are doing the right things.
10. When I don't feel like it...I do it anyway. As long as my goal is in front of me and inspires me...I'll do it...kicking and screaming...but I'll do it!
11. If people try and sabotage me I call them out on it. PERIOD. usually they are so stuck in their own habits that they haven't even thought of me. Either they start or they go BYE BYE. :) If I wouldn't do it to them, they aren't allowed to do it to me!
12. I believe in myself. PERIOD!
13. I don't need others approval or acceptance, or support actually...I know in the end it's up to me and it's because of my choices.
14. I can eat watching tv, working on the computer, or doing something else and not overeat because I measure and plan my days...again...when my checklist is done...it's done. Very rarely does anything pass my lips except green tea after 7 pm.
15. I am not obsessed with food. yes things taste good. Yes, Pringles are my vice...but I would prefer my cooking to most restaurants and I am rarely impressed or think it's worth it! I prefer to splurge on a popcorn at the movies (which sadly/happily) is not as fattening and salty as the states....or Pringles. Sad but true. If they had a Krispy Kreme here....LOL...that may be a another story! :)
16. I get 2-3 liters of water in every single day...I play a game still...if It's not done by the time I leave work, I can't leave! :) Trust me...it gets drank!
17. I don't avoid mirrors or cameras. I have learned when being a Creative Memories Consultant that heavy people aren't in their own family albums and memories and I found it incredibly sad. If you died tomorrow would your family have 1 photo of you or books full...having fun, smiling and experiencing life WITH them...not behind the camera??!?! Don't do that to your loved ones. they love you no matter what. Just live!
18. I don't think about food and what I am gonna eat ALL - FRIGGIN- DAY - LONG! I use to. Man...that's all I thought about. I can't stress enough how freeing it is to plan your week of food, order your groceries, and just fill your lunchbag in the morning and glance at your list when you need to. You are free to think of other things in life that are more important...like What you'll blog about on SP!LOL Kidding.
Anyway...I didn't finish the 100 days...I have read the days and I don't do ANY of it anymore...that is an amazing feeling. I know I am in control and doing the right things and that has taken a long time but WOW...I'm finally that person! Holy coolness Batman!!!
I attend the Sparkpeople Live Meetings and find I don't really strugge with their topics so far either...But I LOVE THE PEOPLE and the fun we have and hope to be a coach one day as well...so I go. I hope I can inspire, help, assist, or support and encourage someone that is like the old me!!! I look forward to it every week...and I am the ANTI-GROUP girl! Who knew I would get spastic happy over a group meeting!
So...for those of you who still struggle and are still a work in progress...
YOU WILL GET THERE!!!!! Just keep going. It will be easier and second nature one day. Practice makes perfect! Be strong. Believe in yourself. and my favourite: ACT AS IF....Act as if you are fit and healthy...it will actually be true one day! Act as if you are strong and confident and happy...it will be true one day!!! You can do this!
Have a great week!