Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Today I attended the SP LIVE! Orientation meeting. To be honest, I went into it for several reasons:
1. I am a sparkler :) I have been a member and believe it is truly the best solution for a true lifestyle change if you are ready to make a change.
2. I do what I can to purchase the books (even the audio on Audible.com - I listen in bed to close out my days), the clothes, whatever...it's my way of showing support and promoting something I believe in with all my heart - spreading the spark!!!!
3. Why not try something new...so far SP has never disappointed or let me down in anyway! (except when I was scolded for sharing my views on what I think of people who welcome new people by just copy and pasting the same thing in everybody's space...it drives me nuts and I consider it cheating and lame!...I digress)
4. Some people complain about things that have a price...I just laugh. I am an American living in NZ. Things cost way more here...BUT we have free health care and minimum wage is at $12.50 and rising to $15 per hour. If your BodyBugg subscription is $70 a YEAR...you don't think less than $10 a month is valid for that technology, information, and tool?! Really? Here that $70 gets me 2 bottles of OPI nail polish...which doesn't increase my life, enrich it, allow me to be with loved ones longer or inspire anyone!!! Maybe you haven't tried SP Live because there is a cost after the FREE WEEK...SP don't screw people over like some companies...I don't think theyll charge ya' no matter what...they will honour their agreement. TRY IT! Again...the cost is minimal for what you could possibly gain!!! If people don't spend any money things like this can't be made nor can they be tallied to see if it's something people want and benefit from. There should be a minimal fee...What do you waste money on that doesn't help you in the least...or actually moves you further away from your goals and happiness....alcohol? smokes? Starbucks? Scrapbooking supplies (I'm a scrapper and it gets out of hand! HA HA), shoes? Purses? Collectables like those stupid beenie babies...remember that madness? Put yourself and your life...and your coin purse (not even wallet) in perspective. I have a Bodybugg and I subscribe to SP Live...and it costs me more than anyone in the states due to conversion rates. :) DO THIS - TRY IT - FOR YOURSELF!!! You have nothing to lose :)
5. I am an anti-group person. Loathe group fitness classes...group meetings, and group weigh ins....I use to work close to a WW meeting room while I was losing weight and one day my Assistant Manager said "you should stand outside the door and talk to them" - Nobody has gotten smaller in over a year...you've done it in 4 months! I laughed. I spoke to a friend who went to them and while there are exceptions, most go there to feel safe and to be social...lol Well...that's not me at all. I believe you grow and improve when you're uncomfortable and while social is nice...i have a goal and I help others lose weight and I need someone that will inspire challenge and encourage me...not attend my pity parties and excuse trail :)
Well...SURPRISE SURPRISE....I think I just found my "group exception" :) Yes - it's safe...you're in your own surroundings...and video is optional. There are people from all over the world. I was NZ, there was a Netherlands, Ohio, Texas and Georgia! So no judgement and a possibility to connect with someone that shares your goal and vision. It has a time limit! It's positive! It's helpful. It's educational. It's friendly. It's inviting! You can be yourself. :) After class ended...I immediately signed up for the rest of the year. Seems they haven't put up the New Year's schedule yet...waiting. :)
What I learned - what to expect incase you're thinking about it?
1. Orientation is a bit boring if your a techno girl like me...but I even learned some things! I think it's important to attend it so you know what is expected and how to communicate properly with your equipment etc. Gives you a nice heads up to what will happen in your weekly meetings.
2. I haven't attended a weekly success/motivation meeting yet...thursday I have one. But what I expect is:
1. weigh in
2. whoo hoo news
3. some sort of helpful topic and discussion
4. you get a challenge each week - I LOVE THIS PART - GETS ME EXCITED!
5. and Takeaway "homework" if you will. They actually give you files to save to your computer to help you through the following week! AGAIN...LOVE THIS!!!
6. meet new people worldwide
7. get inspired, encourages, motivated
8. to be put in the right headspace for the upcoming week
9. to be applauded for a great previous week or supported for a maybe not so great week - we all have 'em and you know it! :)
10. It's almost like The Biggest Loser "behind the scenes" I think. And the leaders let you know how to contact them after the meeting incase you need them.
I know Thursday won't be a big deal for me because I've been in bed for 5 weeks due to an ankle fracture...so next Friday I get my cast off and can weigh in...and shower thank god! and the 19th I have scheduled my LIVE meeting...I have had to rely on my man..who doesn't cook...or eat healthy...to feed me...I miss vegetables!!! :) But sometimes you have to just let it go and go with the flow until you get control back :) SO it'll be interesting! But if you had a great week...wouldn't it be cool to have heaps of strangers congratulating you...sometimes the meetings not about you...sometimes when you have a bad week you may not want to share...but someone may need your applause...and your story because they may have had the same struggle. :) So...show up to go up as they say.
Sorry this was long-winded!!! Here's some pics of my cast in all the stages....
It was suppose to be striped black and pink but the emotionless plaster nurse I had could have cared less ....so it is what it is...will draw some black on it soon! :)
Thanks for listening if you got through it!
Find classes on www.livemind.com
Have a great week!