Monday, March 12, 2012
Gas prices shot up 18 cents on average nationwide over the past two weeks, according to the latest Lundberg survey.
That puts the average cost of regular gas at $3.69 a gallon. Of course, many of you around the country are already paying over $4.
President Obama, members of his administration, Democrats in Congress, and his allies on the left all make the same case: we can't "drill our way" out of this problem.
They say we use a quarter of the world's oil, but only have 2% of the world's oil reserves. So, do the math. They say it's impossible, but here's how he gets to that mythical 2%.
For simplicity, we'll call it Obama's big oil lie because that's what it is.
They're only counting proven oil reserves.
The truth is that 2% oil reserves figure is whatever the government says it is.
Here’s the official definition from the non-partisan Congressional Research service.
Proven reserves are: "certainty to be recoverable in future years from known reservoirs under existing economic and operating conditions."
The key word there is "existing" conditions.
The U.S. has around 20 billion barrels in proven reserves, but the amount of undiscovered so called "technically recoverable" oil is over seven times that.
Those are the government's own figures!
And we can get that oil using today's technology. In fact, the U.S. has nearly 1.5 trillion barrels of oil.
That's enough to fuel the present needs in the U.S. for around 250 years, according to the Institute for Energy Research.
Former President of Shell Oil on FBN earlier today on how we could easily get back to producing 10 million barrels a day:
"The best source for new oil is the world's largest consumer economy: this country. We could go back to 10 million barrels if we had the permitting that would enable it to happen. We have the oil. There is more oil in this country that we're not allowed to get at than oil we're allowed to get at.”
But much of the oil is off limits thanks to the policies of this President:
-The outer Continental shelf.
-The Arctic National Wildlife Reserve in Anwar.
-And Shale Oil where the United States has the largest deposits in the world estimated by the government to be over 2 trillion barrels.
Even when the production is not in this country, the President will do anything he can to stop it, like blocking the Keystone pipeline.
Also, what the President is refusing to acknowledge is the United States is in the middle of an oil boom thanks to new technology like deep-water drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
So the President needs to stop with the 2% lie.
The solutions are right in front of us, but this administration flatly refuses to explore them.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Words to the Wise from some who are Wise of Words
* I think it's about time we voted for senators with breasts. After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough.
~ Clarie Sargent, Arizona senatorial candidate
* The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate, VII
* We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop
* If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these acceptance speeches there wouldn't be any inducement to go to
heaven. ~Will Rogers
* Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
* Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. ~Nikita Khrushchev
* When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow
* Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you. ~Author Unknown
* If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. ~Jay Leno
* Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. ~John
* Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer
* The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
* I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them. ~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952
* A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country. ~Texas Guinan
* Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so. ~Gore Vidal
* I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. ~Charles de Gaulle
* Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. ~Doug Larson
* Don't vote, it only encourages them. ~Author Unknown
* There ought to be one day - just one - when there is open season on senators. ~Will Rogers
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
The 14th is Valentine's Day.
What is Valentine's Day without CHOCOLATE???
I think there is a Federal law stating that everyone must eat Dark Chocolate on Valentine's Day. I seem to recall reading such a law, and if I am mistaken, then it SHOULD be a law.
Therefore, I am planning on eating Dark Chocolate on Valentine's Day, all in the interest of being a law abiding citizen.
My Granddaughter, Christine has her birthday on the 15th.
She will be 17.
Christine is a very wise young lady. She KNOWS the value of dark chocolate. Being that the day AFTER Valentine's Day is her birthday, she is allowed to eat it two days in a row!!
She is a tiny little thing, and no matter how much she eats, all she does is grow taller and never wider. Somehow, that doesn't quite seem fair.
Christine loves to bake. She is very good at cake decorating, too. Therefore, I decided that, for her birthday, I would add to her baking enjoyment by sending her a fudge marble cake mix, dark chocolate frosting, candles, a darling little white beanie baby teddy bear and a home made special baking kit.
The apron is fully lined, the cupcake hot pad is for her to set her baking pans on, the lined pot holders will help her to not get burned, and of course, she must wear cupcake socks to complete the ensemble.
I think she'll like it. What do you think? I hope she sends photos!!!
Friday, February 03, 2012
Did you see where Rand Paul refused to be searched at the airport, then was held in a special waiting room until he missed his flight before they released him?
Now he is demanding that "special" people get a "fly-by" from the security guards like rest of us cattle class have to go through.
He believes that frequent flyers shouldn't have to go through the check points. Those "frequent flyers" are politicians and the news media.
How nice that he is now above all other Americans and should have a "pass" at being checked by security guards.
How nice that the news media and other "special frequent flyers" should all get a pass, and not have to deal with those pesky check points.
Now I have a credit card with an airline that makes me a frequent flyer. Would I belong to his elitist group whenever I decide to fly?
Give me a break. I am not a "Special Frequent Flyer". I am just a plain, old ordinary American with no money to throw at politicians and make them wealthy.
Talk about divisive!!!
First, we can't say anything for fear of being labeld "racist", or "sexist" or any number of other "ists".
Republicans and Democrats are in a serious hate war between them, which further divides Americans.
The Government is meddling with our religious values, what cars we choose to drive, where we choose to live, and whether or not we should allow contraceptives and/or abortions.
The First Lady has made it her business to tell us what we eat, but I haven't seen her show up at the check out counter to pay for anyone's groceries.
The President uses our tax dollars to do his campaigning via Air Force One, and we are told that WE need to "tighten our belts".
And now this.
This Rand Paul vs. the Security people at airports puts the cherry on the top. I am now totally convinced he has forgotten he works for US (the peons), gets paid by US (many of whom are unemployed and homeless) and can be voted OUT by US.
Mr. Paul, you are NOT "special". Get in line with the rest of us and wait your turn. You will get through the lines easier with courtesy than with haughtiness.
Put on your big boy panties and deal with it.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
In a bid to stem taxpayers losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae, Sen. Bob Corker (R- Tenn) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify.
His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a party-line vote because, as Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) explained, "Passage of such requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it".
Does this explain liberals to you?
I can't add anything to this!
Get An Email Alert Each Time 1BEARWIFE Posts