Wednesday, March 24, 2010
So, March ended up being a doozie! I had all of these great goals and plans...none of which happened. March was a busy month at school and work, I have slept less and worked out less. On top of that, I have been sick all week and because I can't breathe and have a burning throat I haven't exercised. Ugh. I haven't lost any weight for 2 weeks, which is fine, better than a gain! So I am anxiously awaiting April with some fresh (realistic) goals.
So I am keeping these goals to a minimum and making them completely new and fun! I decided not to go there about a weight loss goal, it will come if I stick to my plan.
Here it is:
*Start a Couch to 5K program on Monday (3/29/10). I should be done training and ready to run my 1st 5K ever right around the time of the 5K my work is putting on in June for our fitness program...perfect!
*Really watch my food intake, limit carbs to 50% of my daily food, stay in my target goal for sodium and eat at least the recommended amount of fiber.
That's it! I think 3 times a week doing the C25K regimen and having optional weekends to walk outside or do Pilates is perfect. With school and work I can't really commit myself to much more. I always have my weight loss as my goal but these goals have a 5K at the end so that is a ton of motivation there! I also have an 80's murder mystery party the end of May and I want to fit into my dress and look hot in it. The picture is below, I haven't purchased it yet but if not this one, it will be one similar.
Okay, I will check back mid-April...which happens to be when my birthday and my brother's birthday is. Sigh. I can manage Easter and two birthdays, I will have to control myself and kick it up a notch with my exercise!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
I just switched it up, I have instant Cream of Wheat with cinnamon applesauce (and Splenda) and a banana. Starting tomorrow I am going to add a hard boiled egg too.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
At least 10 (8oz) cups
3. What is your favorite workout?
Pilates or walking
4. What is your favorite fruit?
5. What is your favorite vegetable?
Sweet Potatoes or onions and peppers
6. How many calories do you burn a week?
If I am good, 1000-2000. My weekly goal is 660 so I always try to meet or surpass that
7. How many calories do you eat a day?
8. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Cereal (not sure if that is completely healthy but stops me from eating chips)
9. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Leftovers or Lean Cuisine with yogurt, fruit and whatever sides I can find
10. What is usually for dinner?
Chicken, pork or sometimes fish with veggies and rice or potatoes
11. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
12. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
13. What is your least favorite exercise?
14. What is your "bad" food cravings?
Sweets...I am the cookie monster
15. What is your go to workout song?
Lately it is any Mary J. Blige
16. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Yes, adult multivitamin, vitamin D, fish oil, CoQ10
17. How often do you eat out?
18. Do you eat fast food?
19. How do you stay motivated?
Amber and looking at my snack belly
20. Who is your biggest supporter?
My friend, Amber
21. How much weight have you lost?
22. How did you determine your goal weight?
I picked a healthy weight for my short stature
23. Do you have a gym membership?
24. How often do you work out?
3-5 days a week
25. How did you find Spark?
26. How much sleep do you get a night?
I try for 7 hours but depending on my schedule I usually only get 6 hours. Friday and Saturdays I like to catch up and get 10+ hours a night :)
27. Are you a morning or night workout person?
Night, I can barely manage a shower in the morning
28. Do you have a "cheat" day?
Holidays BUT just because I am eating crappy those days and going over my cals, I am NOT going to go completely nuts.
29. Do you drink soda?
No :( I LOVE Diet Dr Pepper but when I joined Spark on 1-9 I gave up pop and caffeine.
30. Do you drink alcohol? How much?
Once every couple months, because it is so few and far between I usually go nuts and have a ton of beer and a million shots...horrible I know....my body makes me pay for it the next day as punishment
31. What is your favorite thing about Spark?
The trackers, articles, blogs, and support.
32. What do you not like about your body? What do you love about your body?
Not like: my snack belly and my large arms; Love: my little butt
33. Do you have a workout buddy?
Nope, my boyfriend Ben watches because he is one of those lucky people that never gains weight (he is actually trying to gain so he doesn't want to exercise, lucky)
34. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to this Healthy Lifestyle?
Everything! I am so aware of the food I am putting in my mouth. I am becoming fresher and fresher everyday, I am starting to make a lot of stuff homemade to avoid the fillers and chemicals. I am sleeping way better and have energy (even with no caffeine)!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
So, I had all of these great goals for March and I totally fell off the horse last week! I don't know why but when I work the later shift I have no motivation. However, this week I work early and I am on spring break so I will make my weekly goal to exercise 5 days! Today it is soooo nice out! I just got back from a 4 mile walk (I jogged a few blocks here and there). Good way to start the week. I just got a heart rate monitor so that is pretty cool to see what things make it go up and what doesn't. I plan on implementing that into my exercise sessions for sure. I spent all of my money on great food and produce so I am set for the rest of the month :) My scale is on the fritz so I will do a weigh in at my moms this evening. I have all of my meals planned for the week, some super healthy and others not so much. I better plan some super healthy lunches to offset the dinners. I tried instant cream of wheat with 1/2 cup of cinnamon applesauce and with a little Splenda and cinnamon...delish and only 200 cals! I had that about 3 hours ago and I am still not hungry so healthy and filling. Sometimes this whole healthy eating, exercising, etc. gets to be too high maintenance for me. Sigh. I will get back on the horse and back at it this week!
Edited March Goals:
1. Lose 5 pounds (still hoping to lose more than that)
2. Exercise at least 3 times a week (that one stays the same)
3. Do the "death" workout once a week (if I do it more than that I can't walk or workout)
4. Walk at least once a week outside (that one stays the same)
5. I would still like to get into a smaller pants size but I will take my same size but loose on me
6. Work on my arms (I need to focus on 1 area per month)
7. Still trying to plan my meals for the week
8. I am going to really try to pack dinners for school nights, I have not done that yet
9. For now I will run around the lake at Loring park and work up to Calhoun in the summer
10. If I have time I will try kettlebells, otherwise that will go onto April's goals
The thing with the edited goals is that I have so much on my plate and I don't want to reach further than I can achieve. I have a horrible problem of overbooking myself. I think exercise is one of those things. If I want to work, go to school, have a minute to myself, etc. then I need to do everything in moderation! I am working on the overbooking, 1 thing at a time. So that is that, I will update at the end of the month with my progress on my goals. Shower time!
Saturday, March 06, 2010
I am finally feeling like the healthy eating and exercising are becoming natural for me. I don't have any crappy food in the house (I am sure my boyfriend with no weight issues is thrilled about that) and I am even trying to make healthy choices when I go out. I went out to eat twice this week, had to support Mpls Restaurant Week, so I thought I would for sure gain BUT I lost 1.8lbs! I am moving in the right direction for my 10 lbs in March. I am going to try Urban Strip Tease cardio workout later today, I have read that is a great workout.
Last night I went to The Melting Pot and I am pretty sure that restaurant was made for me. You get a cheese appetizer with apples, bread and veggies to dip. For your entrée you get a broth to cook in and lobster, filet mignon, strip steak, chicken, shrimp, bratwurst, and ravioli with like 6 different sauces to dip them in. AND THEN DESSERT! You get a chocolate sauce and strawberries, bananas, rise crispies, cheesecake, pound cake, brownies, and graham crackers to dip. Needless to say I didn't count calories and indulged. I did try to go easy on the cheese but I couldn't stop on the dessert. Oh and I refrained from any alcoholic beverages. So today I feel like I have to workout super hard! I would definitely recommend anyone to go to The Melting Pot!
So that is my confession. I will do 10 Hail Marys and move on. Kidding. Another sunny day in MN so tomorrow I will take a walk/run outside and enjoy the beginnings of spring. I am putting myself on a soup diet this week for lunch because I have another dinner date on Saturday. I never eat out this much! Sigh.
Eating out or not, I am staying on the ball otherwise and making progress!! My eating goals are the same as always, eat under 1500-1600 cals a day. For my fitness goals, I am going to try to do hard core cardio Saturdays and Mondays; walk/run out side on Sundays; cardio (walking) and Pilates on Mondays; no exercise on Tuesdays and Thursdays (work and school are plenty on those days); choice workout on Wednesdays; and optional workout on Fridays. We will see what happens in March with that plan...hopefully 10lbs down!
Get An Email Alert Each Time -KATY- Posts