Sunday, March 30, 2008
Spring is on the way and I am ready and waiting!!!! I am writing down 10 "Spring Cleaning" quests for my life
1. Finish a half marathon
2. Set up a new fitness goal.
3. Get back to 5 fruits or veggies a day!!!
4. Start losing again.
5. Spend more "mom and me" time with my daughter.
6. Eat at home 3-4x's a week.
7. Manage my checkbook better.
8. Spend more times with my friends.
9. Have at least one (extended) family meal a month
10. Remember to enjoy myself and have fun with friends, myself and family
These are just 10 things that I need to remember to do and work on. Life gets so busy and hectic that I often get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. You know, thinking that as soon as I get ..... done. I will do things different. Well one thing leads to another and I forget to do the things that are fun. I want to have a fun Spring!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Okay so I have to confess! When I first joined a new team challenge "happy losers". Part of the set up was posting 50 positive affirmations. I HATED it!!!! I rolled my eyes and it took me forever to think of 50 nice to say about myself that didn't seem, ummm, corney. Then, later another challenge to add ten affirmations a week! HOLY COW!!! It was hard enough with 50. I started searching the web for some ideas. That was when it hit me. It isn't just about saying "I'm a good mom". It was about the other stuff, the things we forget. The words that we needed to be reminded of. Now I look forward to my 10 affirmations challenge. I know I need to be reminded of what I have the strength to do. Here are a few of my affirmations:
1. I believe I can lose weight.
2. I believe I am worth the time I spend on a heathier me.
3. I do not give up easily
4. I am going to beat the “my whole family is fat, its in my genes” comments
5. I want a change in my life
6. I Love being active
7. I am the first person out of bed each morning.
8. I think of others and their feelings
9. I'm a courageous fighter who is all heart.
10. I am strudy and steady which gives me power and control.
11. I have the drive and the discipline to master any art form I desire, no matter how long it takes.
12. I am a force to be reckoned with.
13. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!
14. I am willing to learn new things
15. I will use the new knowlegde
16. I AM THE MASTER OF MY OWN FATE!
My favorite is 13, when I have bad days, when my scale sticks, when I feel like I just can't take one more step while jogging.... I think of number 13.
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Well.... last weekend I decided I was due for a change. I went to my local Target and bought some brown hair dye (I'm a first timer for home hair dye, well, shoot, any hair dye). I was really excited about my new look. I looked in the mirror and... HOLY CRAP!!!! Crayon RED!!!! It was awful!!!! I spent the rest of the morning looking for a place open to fix my hair, it was not right. Anyway... I found a place to "tone down" my hair, to acceptable.
The funny thing is... the comments I have gotten about my hair. Many, many of my friends, family and coworkers have told me how much thinner my new hair makes me look. It isn't my new hair! I am thinner!
I was sooo worried about my fat looks before. Thinking how much happier I would be if I was just 5 pounds, 10 pounds,etc thinner. Worried that everyone that looked at me just saw this fat person. How much time and energy I wasted worrying about how others saw me. I wasted my stress!!!! They don't care half as much as I do. I learned at the beginning of my weight loss journey that I need to do this for me, not anyone else and this week just reminded me why.
P.S. The pic, is a toned down red, I was way to distraught to even think of taking a pic of the crayon red. It was traumatizing!
Get An Email Alert Each Time *MARY* Posts