Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I have been an emotional overeater who has eaten when upset, anxious, or bored...although any reason would do.
A nutritionist guided me to SP and, when I initially joined in 2008 (new SP in early 2009) with 92 lbs to lose, Initially, I did well, but then sabotaged that success repeatedly.
SP is fantastic for its structure, educational & motivational support and I love interacting with my fabulous Sparker friends.
Began SP on 12/31/08 with a weight of 223 pounds. My start date reads 2009 because I started over (w/no break), but new page.
Over the years, I have lost and re-gained weight. Now, 6 years later (2014), I started over at SP with a weight of 232. Now I am back to 223 again like in 2008.
My goal is to reach125-130 pounds.
Motivation/Support: SparkPeople ~ totally
I have one son and one male cat. They both act similarly ... lol...gotta love 'em.
Talking with friends & relatives, reading, attending the movies & plays, being part of my church, and RELAXING are my joys.
1/4/15 224 1/17/15 220.8
Missing you lots. Linda!!!!
370 days ago
Hope you are doing okay!
373 days ago
Just stopping by to say hi and let you know I am thinking about you today. I hope you are doing well.
378 days ago
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF SELF-LOVE
1. Accept yourself for who you are at this very moment. Appreciate the BEAUTY that makes you YOU:)
2. Be thankful for your blessings. You may not have everything you want but, you have ALL you need.
3. Make sure your worst enemy isn't dwelling in your own skin. Remember that you're always listening even if no one else can hear you!
4. Vow to take care of your body & work out daily! After all, it's the only place you have to live! Make it a happier, healthier place to reside in. YOU are your best investment.
5. Stay true to who you are & you will ALWAYS be happy! Gather all your crazy dreams, far fetched ambitions & big goals & build a life you love & are proud of!
6. Stop comparing yourself to who you're not! Girls compete with one another. Women EMPOWER each other.
7. Forgive yourself for every mistake, every heartbreak & every time you've fallen short. Self-forgiveness is a necessary & vital step to finding your inner peace.
8. Remember that you can't fix yourself by BREAKING someone else. ALWAYS choose kindness.
9. Focus your thoughts on what is good, what is admirable & what is positive. Never let your mind become consumed by negativity & hate. Never let your heart turn cold.
10. Say YES to adventure. Say YES to bliss. Say YES to the impossible. You never know when your heart will stop beating. Take the jump & free fall on the way down if you have to. Live with no regrets.
392 days ago
It's easy to lose focus on your goal when you experience bad emotions and feel like it makes no sense to go on longer. before you make the final decision, ask your self a few questions... like
1. Would you be happy if you gave up and your life remained the same?
Sometimes all it takes to keep going is to remind yourself of the end goal.
2. What's the worst that can happen if you keep going and don't achieve your goal?
Arnold Schwarzenegger once said: "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
Even if you do not achieve your goal, the person you had become when striving to reach it was probably more than worth it.
3. How would it feel to tell other people why you gave up?
Would you be happy telling your friend you gave up because you prefer watching TV to becoming a healthier person?
4. What would you tell your closest friend if you traded places with her?
Would you tell her to throw in the towel or motivate her to keep pushing...try something different to reach her goals...
Keep pushing and
Never give up!
399 days ago