Shared Fitness Tracker
Hi and welcome! I'm Cathy from Atlanta, GA. 34 y/o. During my weight loss journey, I learned that I can make excuses, or get results... but I can't have both. I have also learned a trick to help me reach my goal: We already know that envisioning the goal is good for inspiration and motivation booster (Thinking myself lean, imaging the toned bod fitting the gorgeous little dress, etc)... however, what is really essential to all of this is focusing on the SYSTEMATIC CHANGES of lifestyle needed to automatically REACH the GOAL (Changes reach Goals!) . Thing is, only thinking about the goal is not enough, you need to be specific and commit to the tangible simple changes needed to achieve it (1200 calories per day, cardio 3x/week, drink more water, etc. See the "My Program" section on the right side of this page for more info).
Being mentally strong is key. I believe in what I can do: I have the ability to make smart choices on a daily basis. I stay focused because this means a lot to me... and I mean it, when I say that it means a LOT. This not just your average empty-hollow-boring words, NoP! This thing IS R.E.AL! I am determined. Accountability is crucial. I have a lot of strength inside me and I am HERE to conquer it NOW.
When I'm second guessing whether or not I should go to the gym, I just say to myself: "Don't let yourself down, girl... go out and be amazing!" I'm doing this for myself!
Through this journey, I realized that I was in denial when it comes to fitness and exercise, and I am so proud of myself for being able to accept the benefits of regular exercise. Although I dislike to go through the pain, at the end of the workout I feel wonderful, powerful, and energized. Most importantly: Exercise is the best form of preventive healthcare!
As for my diet: Yeah, it was a bit of a callenge at the beginning, but I have been able to stablish a healthier relationship with food. I DO have the power to make smart choices each time I put something in my mouth. Sparkpeople.com has helped me tremendously with my portion control. The nutrition tracker is a HUGE eye-opening tool.
Fitness — Healthier body: Stronger heart by doing cardio 3x/week; Increase endurance; Increase strength by doing weight-lifting routines consistently after cardio; Increase flexibility as a Yoga beginner.
Nutrition — My mantra is "Smart choices with food each time I put something in my mouth."
**Some more "tangible" goals:
- Fit size 8 clothes.
- Feel comfortable wearing something short or skinny jeans.
- Look at myself in the mirror and admire my abs and toned curves.
- Be able to jog 5K without stopping and join a fundraising race for a charity org.
- Be able to do push-ups as well as pull-ups (I want nice upper-body strength)
- Be able to successfully inspire or coach others going through the same journey.
- Long term: Complete a Triathlon (Swimming, cycling, running).
My program is very simple: I create a HEALTHY calorie deficit with balanced diet and high intensity exercise. That is, I eat about 1200-1500 calories per day, and exercise at least 3x/week. Being constantly on top of everything really helps.
(1) NO juices: drink more water;
(2) Boycott the coffee shops (I'm talking to you, Starbucks!): Don't pay them to make you fat;
(3) Do NOT eat desserts unless it is a very special occasion, and be cautious with the portion size;
(4) When dining-out, always check the light options;
(5) In the supermarket, just about anything that I don't buy in the produce section, can use this filter before buying it: Always read the nutrition facts as many items can be deceiving;
(6) Brush teeth after dinner to avoid eating again before bedtime;
(7) Avoid empty calories and chew bubble gum instead (this is great if you have the munchies). Case in point: When going to the movies, I don't eat popcorn. No excuses. Period.
I'm from the Dominican Republic, but live in Atlanta since 2003. I'm training myself to be a runner. For cross-training days, I love the elliptical. I also enjoy Zumba and kickboxing classes. Please feel free to comment on my page. You can also send me a message and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. :-)
Always believe in yourself. You have a lot of strength and power within you. It is not going to be easy, but I can guarantee it can be FUN. Yes, you read it right. Simply put: This is a FUN hard-challenge. Accept the FUN hard-challenge and make it happen. There is not reason to quit and your mind can handle it. Do NOT give up, ever... even if you hit plateau or make some regression... just take a deep breath and try again with more MIND power (read my blog). Think yourself thinner and it WILL happen.
| Pounds lost: 40.0
Stopping by to say hi and that I hope your day is going great!
1339 days ago
Thank you for the email!! I hope you have a great day, and that I didn't ramble too much :). I admit I can be quite the talker, lol.
1344 days ago
Welcome to Hispanos & Amigos
1359 days ago
Welcome to Latino's Cafe Team.
1359 days ago
Thanks for the add!! Let me know if you have any questions or need a push. :)
2503 days ago