Shared Food Tracker
I'm Schauna and I'm 24 years old. I have 2 boys - Mason (3) and Chase (born 1.19.08) and a fiance named James. We have been together for 5 years and plan on getting married in Vegas next year so I would like to lose quite a bit of weight before then. Also, I'm in my last year of school, becoming a Surgical Assistant (Surg Tech) and that job will require long days and hours of standing in one spot, which is another reason I need to lose weight.
I have been up and down on my weight my entire life. Grew up eating meat and potatoes every day on a farm so it's been a struggle to eat lighter dinners and more veggies! I've only ever been on Weight Watchers. IT DOES WORK! Just cost money. So with that knowledge and this free site, I'm hoping for the best!
Keep checking back for picture updates! I'll start posting pictures whenever I'm down another 10 lbs!
------ WEIGHTLOSS TIPS-------
1. Drink half your weight in oz. of water a day.
2. Chew sugar free gum when craving sweet things.
3. Go brush your teeth (if you can) every time you crave junk or a pop. This will allow your mouth to taste weird if you try and eat or drink something you crave!
4. Reward yourself every 10 lbs or so!
5. I eat around 5 pm every night. So I don't allow myself to eat anything more after 7 pm. So if I want an evening snack, 7pm is the latest I will allow myself to eat it. This puts a stop to middle of the night snacking also!
6. Going to bed at a reasonable time every night. This I struggle with as I have a 5 month old who stays up until 11pm every night. I struggle to get a good 8 hours of sleep every night! But if you can go to sleep by 10 pm then that will stop a lot of evening snacking and get you energized for the next day!
7. Eat within your adjusted calorie range every day! If you eat less than it your body will go into starvation mode and actually gain weight. Don't be afraid to EAT! Just make sure you're eating the right nutrients and not all FAT!
8. TRACK TRACK TRACK your food. It will hold you accountable and keep YOU in control.
9. Eat slowly and drink lots of water while you eat. Here's what I do. I take a pretty big drink of water before I take a bite, then I take one bite, chew it completely and slowly, take another drink of water. This allows for slower completion of food on your plate AND getting your water in. This also fills you up faster!
10. Eat a big calorie meal for breakfast. I now eat breakfast everyone! This is a VERY new thing for me. I have struggled to eat breakfast ever since junior high. I eat a 3/4 cup of cereal (usually plain cheerios, NONE that are high in sugar!) and a fruit smoothie consisting of 4-5 fruit servings. If you dont think this will get you going, you're wrong. Ever since I started eating/drinking all this for breakfast I'm fuller longer and I have more energy throughout the day. Guaranteed!
7/7 -- 284
7/13 -- 283
7/20 -- 278.4
7/27 -- 277.4
Last weigh in for July - 7/31 -- 275.4
Total loss for July: 12.6 lbs
**Goal for July**- Lose 10 lbs by August 1st -- DONE 7/21/08
8/3 -- 275
8/10 -- 274
8/17 -- 272
8/24 -- 271
**Goal for August** - Lose another 10 lbs by August 28th -- Didnt make it.
*Reason for gaining weight, the week of my birthday and Labor Day weekend we were gone...so I went up 5 lbs*
Starting weight 9/01 :: 276.2
OFF TRACK THIS MONTH
Starting weight 10/01
** 9/26/08 -- I've officially been off track for a month now. It feels horrible. My fiance just cant seem to get back in the groove of the "diet" and I don't know why. Hes a huge support system and when I dont have his support (ie - him eating healthy with me) I dont have the willpower. This is all a mental game.. if you have that, you will succeed. We obtained a huge amount of money early september so we have been eating out alot. Sucks to admit it, but it's true! I did weigh myself yesterday after eating Burger King when I felt like crap... 284 is what the number said. To go from 273 on Sept 6 to 284 on September 25 is HORRIBLE. On October 1st we're going shopping for HEALTHY foods. I told James this, so he will be forced to eat healthy with me. I am 4 lbs away from gaining all the weight i lost back, and I dont want to.
I got to drop a class from school so I will have more time to do things and won't be so busy so hopefully I'll be able to succeed again! Thanks for listening!
My goals include:
* Losing 88 lbs by May of 2009. With an ultimate goal of 123 lbs for a long term goal.
* Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day but striving for half my body weight in oz. a day.
* One day at a time!
* Weekly Challenges!
* Going for a walk a few times a week with my family!
* When I can afford it - get my gym membership back - being tight on money sucks!!
* Drink less pop. I usually only ever drink Diet Mt. Dew, but drinking only one can a day - or better yet, none! **UPDATE** 7/22/08 - Since starting SP I have completely stopped drinking pop. I strictly drink water now.
If I can do it, ANYONE CAN!
Staying within my calorie limit (1400-1700) and doing my weekly/daily challenges to keep me active.
Drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water a day! Aiming for 12 though!
Getting my gym membership back in August. So lots of cardio and strength training!
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Children: 2 boys
Hobbies: Playing video games, being with my family and friends, facebook, going to the park with my family.
email and MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm on myspace and Facebook, if you're interested, please contact me about those!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 8.6
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2012!!!
Where are ya, Done Girl!? I hope no matter where you find yourself in life, you are definitely enjoying it this birthday!!
All the very best,
1562 days ago
Happy Birthday to You!!
Born August 28, you are strong, dedicated, hardworking, highly principled and always willing to speak up for yourself or for others. You are never shy about sharing your opinions or helping others to share their own, if you believe in what they are saying. To you, inner strength is far more valuable than outer strength, and though you are always likely to take care of your body, you are dedicated to the health and development of your mind and character. You may well be the most idealistic individual born under your sign.
When it comes to your work, you're not the kind to take things so seriously that fun is a naughty word; indeed, you're likely to have so much fun in your work that others wonder if you are getting any work done at all. You can be quite fun to watch, even in routine and otherwise dull situations..
Todays Virgo Horoscope: You may have the odd sense that you've arrived, but you also know there is still much to be done before you are truly satisfied.
Hope your day is wonderful!
.*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´.¸ .*´`.¸
.*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´Show Your*´`.¸ .*´.¸ .*´`.¸
.*´`.¸Determination & Accountability.¸ .*´`.¸
.*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´`.¸ .*´.¸ .*´`.¸
1927 days ago
Happy Birthday Done Girl!
I hope no matter where you find yourself in life, you are definitely enjoying it this birthday!!
1928 days ago
Sorry to be so tardy with my best wishes for joy & happiness for your upcoming year.
Happy Belated Birthday! I hope all your best birthday wishes come true & your day was DONE with style. (((sending skinny vibes)))
2282 days ago
Happy Belated Birthday!!!
2288 days ago