The day Ben asked me to marry him....185 pounds
December 30th, 2011. 187 pounds.....but with the best man in the world...
THIS is the goal :)
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
So I joined SparkPeople in late February 2009, at 184 pounds. This was following an illness where I had lost over 15 pounds in a month. My goal was to reach 150...and with diet and exercise, I reached 149 pounds in August 2009! The lowest I ever hit was 147. And I looked and felt GREAT!
In the years since then, so much has happened. And the weight has bounced all around...I met my now husband in April 2010...at 160 pounds. We got engaged in 2012...at 185 pounds. 30 days before my wedding I weighed 209 pounds. I lost 20 pounds for the wedding and was 189 in my wedding dress. (I looked good though). We began nesting, and by March 2014 I weighed 225 pounds. Just as I was getting back into the swing of nutrition and exercise, I broke my foot. Then found out I was pregnant while my foot was in a boot. Fast forward to a few weeks later, I was out of the boot and ready to rock during pregnancy...and had a miscarriage. We were in Europe on our delayed honeymoon when it happened. My intention was to come home, work on getting healthy, and then trying again. Two weeks after returning home I broke my ankle. While in the boot (AGAIN) I found out I was pregnant AGAIN. At this point I weighed 243 pounds. My goal was to exercise during my pregnancy, gain as little as possible, then get right back into shape after. Except I was so sick during the pregnancy. No, really - I threw up LITERALLY until the day she was born (still gained 10 pounds though!). After having my beautiful daughter Charlie, my appetite finally came back...with a vengeance. I weighed 255 at my six week checkup and steadily gained weight over the next six months. I went to the doctor in November 2015 and clocked in at 290 pounds. Terrifying. I managed to stop gaining weight through the end of the year and hit Jan 1 with determination. I have lost 19.4 pounds so far, and am coming back to Sparkpeople weighing 269.4. I would like to be back down to 200 by July...so that's why I am here!
This is a long long introduction, but since it's mostly for me to keep myself motivated, there it is. I've come a long way, and I've got a long way to go!
1. Get back to eating healthily on a regular basis.
2. Lose 70-100 pounds over the course of the year.
3. Learn how to cook a variety of healthy recipes so that we can have family dinners without gaining weight.
4. Get my strength and muscle tone back to where it was in 2009.
5. Learn how to not beat myself up when I have setbacks.
6. Be at my goal weight by end of summer 2016 so that I can feel healthy enough to have another baby.
1. Work out at least 4 times a week, targeting specific muscle groups each time.
2. Stay within a caloric range conducive to weight loss, with 1 day off per week to keep myself sane and my body guessing.
3. Try at least one we healthy recipe per week to expand my culinary skills...
4. Incorporate as many fresh vegetables and fruits as possible into our daily diet.
5. Plan as many meals in advance as possible, and when going out with friends determine what I will order ahead of time whenever possible so as not to derail the work I am doing.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 269.4
I've fallen badly off track, back now!
1114 days ago
Stay on task today - I'm right there with you sweets!!!
1224 days ago
ps. Saw your comment about pumpkin bagels...did you know that if you ask them to, Einstein will scoop out the middle of your bagel for you? Cuts your carbs in half, and I honestly didn't miss the middle section.
1413 days ago
Food & Wine was awesome...and as usual, I ate WAY too much food, none of which was even remotely healthy. I'll be paying for it for the next three weeks, but it was worth it. You and the future hubs should think about coming down for it one of these years - you'd probably love it!
1413 days ago
I know, it looks like I'm portioning out a serving of Oxycodon or something...LOL. I'm just horrible about forgetting to take them, so if I log them in SP, I tend to remember to actually take them. Same with the suppliments.
As for the slowcooker, I have a bunch of good, reasonably healthy recipes, if you're interested in them. We use our 1-2 times a week and it's AWESOME, especially if I can make enough to cover at least 1-2 lunches in addition to dinner. If you want them, let me know and I'll PM them to you on FB.
1441 days ago