This is a picture of my son, Doug Cassidy.
National Cat Day!
This is me and Sox on Sunday. I need to get moving today.....the sun is shining! Happy Wednesday ðŸ˜Ž
Shared Fitness Tracker
The Spring 5% Challenge is up & running. I have goals in mind that may help me stay focused on the prize.....to stay healthy, drop weight before my surgery this summer, increase my ability to strength train :)
1. Track every morsel of food, drink, and water
2. 10 minutes of exercise 3 times a day
3. Thank the good Lord every day for giving me free will to make decisions
I joined the Spring 5% Challenge and get to be on the Starfish Team again! We start soon ☺
The Winter 5% Challenge is over. How did I do?
1. I'd say never giving up for 8 weeks is huge! I posted daily (never dreamed I'd do that) and offered encouragement when I could.
2. I found that 6am was the best time for me to post.
3. Having a bad cold and never-ending cough did not cause me to stop. I just hung in there, dealt with the fatigue, and read member blogs.
4. I found myself sharing with a co-worker one week half way thru the challenge my journey when I got recognition on my team.
5. I found out just how much I love eating in the evening. Something to work on.
6. I joined the In-Between Challenge today. I found my accountability and I don't want to lose it.
I'm half through the Winter 5% Challenge....my time flies! I'm so glad I joined as I'm finding myself looking forward to tracking all my food. And I'm reading more inspirational blogs.
I'm in my 60's and I'm not retired. I am loving life, continue to work through physical challenges, & like going to Curves again. I am a mother, a cousin, an auntee, a friend, a co-worker and I volunteer. I had a total hip replacement on 6/23/2015. I am pain-free in my right hip. I can expect to get the other done within 5 years. I joined SP in 2009 and came back recently after a 3 year absence. I'm trying to make a better connection this time with others, workout consistently, and track every day.
To continue to listen to my body...progress at it's pace
To win the Curves Strong Women Challenge
Climb Tiger Mtn...last time was 8/1991
August 20, 2016
I'm still loving life & since 2013, to be honest, I have struggled with a smile on my face. Thank God for good friends and family who have stood by my side as I had came to grips with accepting the fact I'm not as young as I used to be but I'm no where near being considered old. I'm aging gracefully; giving a face to what a 67 year old woman looks like. In the 3 years, I have hardly made it regularly to Curves but something bigger than me has nudged me back into the fitness world. Starting Monday, August 22nd, I am committed to 150 minutes a week exercise. This will include 90 minutes at Curves. I am committed to building in enough down time to allow my body to recover from any discomfort or pain. I will have some, varying degrees.
April 7, 2013
I no longer drink soda pop, junk food, or jelly beans from Costco...I have lost many #'s & 11 inches. I no longer have those "cravings" I thought were normal; instead I long for "greens" and health! I am
I love life!! I teach as a Educational Assistant II here in the area, love to read, workout, play on the computer, sing, and highly interested in keeping myself healthy! I am single with a grown son, his domestic partner, and lots of animals to love!
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." -Martin Luther King Jr.
My life is in a constant state of change. Awareness allows me to keep pace with that change. Only by knowing the person I am, can I create the person I want to become.
*the picture lifting weights goes with the caption below...
Certificate of Appreciation
Completion of the 2009-2010 Fitness Challenge
ALL STAR FITNESS
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 174.0