Hikin in the Smokies
Ready for Spring
It is time to change, to get fit, eat healthy & lose the weight!
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
It isn't where you come from; it's where you're going that counts. -Ella Fitzgerald
7 SECRETS OF A GOOD DIET:
1) Do not skip meals. Skipping meals may cause your metabolism to slow down or lead you to overeat at your next meal.
2) To lower your risk for chronic diseases, such as coronary heart disease and type 2 diabetes, select high-fiber foods like beans, fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain breads and cereals.
3) Choose lean beef, turkey breast, fish, or chicken with the skin removed over fattier meats.
4) Have three daily servings of vitamin D “fortified dairy products, like low-fat or fat-free milk, yogurt, or cheese. You can also take a daily calcium and vitamin D supplement.
5) Choose foods fortified with vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is naturally found in foods that come from animals, including fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and milk products. Also fortified breakfast cereals.
6) Keep healthy snacks like dried apricots, whole-wheat crackers, peanut butter, low-fat cheese, and low- sodium soup on hand. Stay away from snacks that are high in fat and sugar, like cake, candy, chips, and soda.
7) Drink plenty of water or water-based fluids.
This time--to lose the weight for me! & to feel good about myself again. End goal, to achieve a healthy lifestyle for life.
I try to stay at about 1200 cal per day. Exercise 5 times a week & drink 80 ounces of water per day. For exercise: the wii fit, walking & the gym at work.
I have a beautiful daughter, I''m originally from Indiana, but moved to East TN about 19 yrs ago. I am 53 & need to lose some weight.
I love all sports, especially UT Basketball & Football, & softball-GO VOLS! Other favs are Cincinnati Reds, IU basketball, Cleveland Browns.
| current weight: 132.0