As of 12/06/11 I've banished 41 pounds since January 2011, for a grand total of 76 pounds GONE since 2008! I still have far to go, and like every good journey, mine has not been a straight line...
I'm a dynamic, formerly thin & active person who gained when I was bedridden with an autoimmune disease. My thyroid function was affected, and in less than 2 years I'd gone from planning a skydive to having so much poundage I wasn't sure if it was even possible to lose it. ...
In 2007-08 I lost 70 pounds...34 of it with SP under screen name LAROCKRGRL (The old blogs are still there). Then I got sick again and went up, for a net of 35 pounds gone. The good news is, I was able to maintain the 35 during my recoup from the relapse. A small victory is better than no victory, and I certainly hadn't lost the whole war!
In December 2010 my body finally felt strong enough for more, so I came back to SP to pick up where I left off and get rid of more upholstery...as well as to finally fix years of extreme dieting. As luck would have it, when I came back, I couldn't find my login info for my old screenname, LAROCKRGRL so I needed a new name.
Deepak Chopra says that new cells are constantly replacing our old ones, at such a rate that periodically, you literally become a whole new person...Hence, THISYEARSMODEL, like a car or high tech gadget. Our bodies are a bit of both, and I'm not the same person I was or will be.
Welcome to wherever you are!
As of 10/8/11 I'm at my lowest weight since 2006.
My Tumblr blog contains content I don't post on SP because I don't want to give up the copyright ownership to SP (read the Terms-- SparkPeople owns our content). That's where I also post photos of what I ate with details on how to make it. If you follow me on tumblr, I follow back:
For the first 3 weeks my goals didn't involve weight loss: just tracking, drinking water, & taking my vitamins every day at the correct times. In the past I failed by taking on too many goals & burning out. Not this time!
1. Update 10/8/11: 100% of foods tracked daily since 1/1.
2. Jan 1-22: Take my vitamins every day, at the correct times. --Update 12/06/11: Missed 1 day in April.
3. Drink 6-7 glasses of water per day. (Due to health issues, 8 is too hard on my kidneys.) --Update 12/06/11: Not less than 6 since Jan 1, plus more on hot, humid days.
Rather than looking at the huge number, my goal was to lose 10 pounds. Update 3/24/11: DONE!
After doing that the next goal was to lose 10 more, then 10 more, then... It's a lot easier to lose 10 pounds 11 times than it is to lose 1 pound 110 times. (12/06/11: 4.1 times down, 6.9 more to go!)
1. Track everything I eat, every day. No exceptions.
2. Beginning 01/15/11, only one 6-oz soda per day. --Update 12/06/11: Goal met & exceeded. Was at 3 per week on Jan 1 & had a total of
6 since Superbowl Sunday 2011.
3. Real food only! I haven't done fake sweeteners since 1998 and no longer support the diet food industry. I follow my own balanced plan; SparkPeople's is too high carb for my body's needs.
4. On 5/11/11 I began walking every day, starting with 5 minutes per day in my living room 5 times per week. It was too much for my endocrine system & I had a mild relapse so on 6/29/11 I began again with 2 minutes 2x a week. A week later I added simple ballet exercises (plies & arm exercises). 2 weeks after that I began alternating ballet arm exercises with strength training arm exercises with no weights. The last week in July I added 1.5 pound weights.
5. I don't use the word "lost" in reference to weight. I don't miss it, so it's banished.
My SparkPeople user ID is an inside joke, because I like being behind a camera instead of in front of one. My blogs are personal enough, thanks!
I swear in my blog. It keeps me from eating my emotions. I contain myself here via the use of the words "bleeping" and "bloody" and a liberal dose of asterisks & other symbols. I swear unabashedly on my Tumblr blog at thisyearsmodelblog.tumblr.com
Pounds banished since 1/1/11: 41
GRAND TOTAL GONE: 76 pounds!
Secrets of Success
Thanks for reading my blog and giving me some good words of wisdom. Keep up the great work!!
1806 days ago
Just wanted to pop by and see how you are getting on. I hope everything's going well and that you're feeling good.
1810 days ago
Keep banishing those ugly pounds. I bought a pound of butter the other day and held 1 stick up against my waist. Even just 1/4 of a pound makes a big difference. Keep up the great job you are doing. You're surely looking swell,
1812 days ago
You're right about family and weight. I should only be concentrating on my happiness and I'm really happy with myself. I go from being told that I'm chubby as a kid to too skinny as an adult and nothing in between! That's why you just can't rely on the public's view. It's always changing. Thanks so much, TYM. Your words always mean a lot to me :)
1825 days ago
Have a great week,
1828 days ago