Oct '09 Not much change since the last picture. But I love how calm and happy I am in this picture
me in September 2007
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
My current goal is to ride my bike to work 270 miles before May 1.
I know that I can lose 30 pounds!
"In the depths of winter, I finally found there was in me an invincible summer."
- Albert Camus
I'm 5' tall and am trying to get down to a normal weight for my frame, a weight that I don't think that I have weighed since 6th or 7th grade.
Current pace: 12:21 mins/mile and getting faster!
Personal Records for the distances:
5K: 43:05 Victory 5K 9/1/08
10k: 1:32:49 Polar Dash 10 1/1/09
Reasons for wanting to lose weight to reach a healthy BMI for my height:
1. Being fit is a tangible way to show that I love myself (or at least I don't hate myself).
2. I want to inspire others.
3. I want to be able to take care of myself for as long as possible.
4. I want to look capable of anything.
5. I want to know that it is possible; I'm not just supposed to be fat.
6. I want to see what I can do without all the extra fat.
7. I am worried about my reproductive health and the effect obesity has on it.
8. I don't want to feel guilty or demoralized because I gave in to cravings.
9. I'll be in better health (avoid cancer, diabetes or heart disease).
10. I'll be able to wear anything that I want.
11. I'll feel as if I've accomplished something important.
12. To have an automatic answer to the "greatest accomplishment" question.
13. I want to age gracefully.
14. I want to run faster.
15. I want to be comfortable on planes
I'm getting really good at swimming the breaststroke. It looks like the most turtlely thing to do in the water at this point, but it is really working my entire body.
I have been living in Minneapolis since 1997, grew up in eastern North Dakota.
cross-country skiing, traveling, geocaching, running, sleep, turtles and tortoises, india, well-read scientists, beekeeping, knitting, bicycling (touring & commuting)
they might be giants, rachmaninoff, sleater kinney, beatles, rem, belle and sebastian, shostikovich, the ramones
Favorite TV Shows:
monk, mr. show, the colbert report, mythbusters, sopranos, doctor who, life on mars, it crowd, 30 rock
Connie and Carla, Newsies, Holiday, Rushmore, the Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Newsies, Overnight Delivery
How to Learn Any Language, Good Benito, the Red Tent, Jitterbug Perfume, Centaur: The Life and Art of Ernst Neizvestny
"When someone, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, she has no right to keep it to herself"
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 189.0
let me know when you're planning to go skiing. you going cross country or downhill...?
2697 days ago
you going to go to the snowshoeing thing they're going to have in bloomington?
2698 days ago
the more i read your page the more inspiring it is. bravo!
2701 days ago
i like the nickname you chose. i found you off kari's spark page since i knew you must have been on here. she invited me a while back, but i only joined recently. whee! we gotta keep trucking to get fit.
2701 days ago
Well, hello stranger:-) thanks for stopping by my page. I am re "sparking" since I was down to 169 in February. Ugghhh starting to re- focus and chip away at the poundage again. Keep up the good work. It definately is a process. Maybe see you this winter at a Spark ski get together??? Take care and good luck! ~ b
2723 days ago