A Family Hug at Our Wedding
This puts things into perspective huh! I look at it often to remind myself!
I have 8 pics in my gallery
Tricia's Healthier Life
Hi fellow Sparky. This is my second time recommitting with this website. I believe it helped last time and I decided I need every tool and every bit of support possible to make it through my goals. I am a mother and wife. I have five children (three biological and two step). I am approaching things differently this time because I realized that I get discouraged easily and need more motivators than last time. I have diabetes, hypothyroidism, borderline hypertension, PCOS and a Metabolic ...
Hi fellow Sparky. This is my second time recommitting with this website. I believe it helped last time and I decided I need every tool and every bit of support possible to make it through my goals. I am a mother and wife. I have five children (three biological and two step). I am approaching things differently this time because I realized that I get discouraged easily and need more motivators than last time. I have diabetes, hypothyroidism, borderline hypertension, PCOS and a Metabolic disorder. Losing weight is crucial to turning my health around.
I will be starting a Medical Weight Management Program in 20 days. I will start an 82 week program which includes a total liquid diet for the first five months (Optifast). From there I will transition back on to normal foods gradually, but will adopt the Eat Clean lifestyle (Tosca Reno). I have a Wii and have Wii Fit and Active 2 which I hope to use daily to get my body moving. Did I mention I've had motivation issues? I'm hoping that since the program I'm starting will allow me to lose weight very quickly (well in the beginning) that it will be the "jump start" that I need to get going on this lifelong lifestyle.
| Pounds lost: 18.4
Member Since: 2/15/2010
Fitness Minutes: 2,530
(1) I would like to shed a large amount of weight I accumulated over many years. I would like to get in a healthy BMI range and to become more physically fit.
(2) I want to be a better role model for my children on what it "looks like" to live a healthy lifestyle.
(3) Since I'm setting many goals in several areas (short/medium/long term). I also want to show my children the importance of making goals and achieving them.
1. Eat within my proper caloric range every day.
2.Chose healthy foods 80% of the time.
3. Become more physically active by walking and dancing. As my fitness levels improve, I will add more fun physical activities that I enjoy. I want this to be my new longterm lifestyle.
4. I would like to reward myself for every 10% of weight I lose.
5. I would like to meditate daily to rid stress and try Tai Chi as another form of relaxation.
6. I would like to eventually run around with my children, go on family hikes in the country, go geo-caching, learn to ski, learn how to kayak, and go out dancing with my husband.
I live in California.
I enjoy cooking, reading, gardening (when I'm feeling healthier), walking in the country and spending time with my family. I also enjoy computer gaming.
There is a beautiful butterfly inside of all of us just waiting to emerge.
The butterfly, formed in a cocoon, wrapped tightly in the safe confines of its self. Changing, growing and developing into its new image. Preparing and strengthening for the outside world, rejuvenating; and when it has completed its development, it breaks free from the old, dead, brown shell it had spun around itself.
It spreads wide its wings,
bursting out into a new world, reaching for the seemingly endless sky,soaring to new heights, fluttering its fragile wings with an unseen strength...
Ready to conquer life.
Let life begin. Spread your wings and fly!