Before - January 2010
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I started my journey January 5th 2010 and still going strong!
Keep up the good work everybody!
Create a Calorie Deficit:
In order to lose weight, you must create a calorie deficit. It is easier and healthier to cut back your calorie intake a little bit at a time.
Every 3,500 calories is equivalent to 1 pound.
If you cut back 500 calories a day, you will lose 1 pound per week.
If you exercise to burn off 500 calories a day you will also lose 1 pound per week.
Ideally, you should do a combination of both, (e.g. cut back 250 calories; burn an extra 250 calories).
- 15st/210lbs = First clubbing dress
- 14st/196lbs = Haircut
NEW GOAL: reach 13st 12lbs by October 12th (birthday)!
Here's a list of what i eat:
- fruit, veg, quorn/tofu, pasta, rice, cousous, fat free natural yogurt, low fat fromage frais, skim-milk quark softcheese, fat free cottage cheese, potatoes, up to 2 slices of wholemeal bread, diet coke, baked beans, eggs, tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce, chickpeas, lentils, tinned chopped tomatoes, lean meat. I cook from scratch and use NO oil/butter if i can, or i use Frylight (a very low calorie spray oil). And Dairylee Light cheese triangles! :p
What I do:
Eat 3 meals a day with a healthy snack
Do some activity every day
At my heaviest I have been 19.5st/273lbs, and at my lightest.. well, that's what I am today.
When I was 12 I was diagnosed with a severe binge-eating disorder, and then later bulimia. It's only this year that I have been able to keep it under control.
Reasons for my journey:
- I want to know what it feels like to be normal, I'm tired of feeling different to everyone else.
- I want to feel good about how I look, and have confidence.
- I want to get rid of my flabby body, and be proud of the way I am.
- I want to show all those bitchy highschool girls who used to make fun of my weight.
- I want to control food, and not have food control me!
Fall seven times, get up eight.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 192.0
keep up the great work on your healthy lifestyle :D
2326 days ago
(¸.´ (¸.´ (¸.´¸¸.¨¸♥¨`*,¸.*´¨`* .¸♥.
¸.♥´ .´¨¨ ¸´¸.´¨Welcome to the EE team!!
Ive belonged to a lot of teams here on spark-- i really do believe that the Emotional Eaters team is one of the very best, its a great group of people- very supportive and encouraging-- and it is very refreshing to talk with people who "get" what you're going through!! ¸¸.¨¸♥¨`*,¸.*´¨`* .¸♥.*¸.´¸.*¨¸.*¨¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
Check out the main page of the EE team- there are stickied topics you may be interested in to get involved- a buddy thread, a place to introduce yourself, weigh-in challenge, a birthday post. ¸.*¨¸.´¸.*¨(¸.´ (¸.´ (¸.´¸¸.¨¸♥¨`*,¸.*´¨`* .¸♥. ¸.♥´ .´¨¨ ¸´¸.´¸.*¨)¸¸.´ ..-~'¸.*¨)
Spark has a lot of great tools, and you will learn which ones work best for you. The best tools are the people tho, always willing to lend a hand, an ear, or a shoulder. Ive been here for over a year now, and I still am overwhelmed, every day, by the kindness and goodness of others on this team!! That has made a world of difference for me. I hope you have the same success! ¸¸.¨¸♥¨`*,¸.*´¨`* .¸♥.*.*¨¸.´¸.*
(¸.´ (¸.´ ♥¸.´¸¸. (¸.´ (¸.*¨ (¸.¸.*´¨`* .¸♥.
You are- WONDERFUL-cuz youre you!!! BELIEVE IT!!! operationbeautiful-- END THE FAT TALK!!! ¸.*¨¸.´¸.*¨(¸.´ (¸.´(¸.´¸¸.¨¸♥¨`*,¸.*´¨`* .¸♥.
(¸.¸.*´¨`* .¸♥. ~~best of luck to you on all of your goals!!! (¸.¸.*´¨`* .¸♥.
2349 days ago
Welcome to the Emotional Eaters team. Best wishes on your journey.
2350 days ago
Welcome to the EE team :) Glad you have joined us. If you haven't already done so, be sure to stop by the team and introduce yourself!
2350 days ago
you are doing an amazing job, keep up the great work :D
2352 days ago