1. Set up your SparkPage, even if you make it private. Put the weight ticker on it and watch your weight go down. I'm so excited when I log a lower weight that I feel like it's Christmas morning. (To log your weight, go to your Start page.) Also, blog blog blog! ...
WANNA GIVE UP? WATCH THIS!
Tips (so far) for new Sparkers
1. Set up your SparkPage, even if you make it private. Put the weight ticker on it and watch your weight go down. I'm so excited when I log a lower weight that I feel like it's Christmas morning. (To log your weight, go to your Start page.) Also, blog blog blog! Use it as a weight journal.
2. If you've tried and given up several times before (like me), start with either watching your calories, or working out, but not both. Get into a habit with just one, then add in the other. It takes 27 days to make a new thing into a habit. I started with watching my calories religiously, and added exercise to it at the end of January.
3. Find a group that focuses on your "why" of losing weight. Mine is the Wow group listed below. I want to Wow people, so it's perfect for me.
4. 10% goals are fantastic. Take your starting weight and subtact 10%. That's your first goal weight. Set up a reward to give yourself when you hit it. Then subtract 10% from that. There's your second goal weight. On and on until you hit your final goal. I haven't hit my first goal yet, but I'm closing in on it fast!
5. Everyone has bad days. Everyone eats a cookie now and again. Don't punish yourself, and don't dive into a dozen Krispy Kremes because you've had one set back. Also, find a way to have the things you crave, but healthier. I craved cheese for about a week. I bought Laughing Cow cheese and ate two wedges a night with some crackers. Each wedge was 35 calories and tasted just like cream cheese to me. If you look through my blog, you'll see where I craved a cheeseburger, so I got a Low Carb burger from Hardee's and mashed potatoes from Popeyes for dinner, and it was around 500 calories. Killed my craving but didn't kill my diet.
6. Always always always remember this: You can do this. If I can, anyone can. If no one supports you, don't fret. Support yourself. If no one notices, don't fret. You notice. Make yourself your biggest coach and cheerleader, because in the end, you are.
IF YOU EVER NEED ANYONE TO TALK TO, DROP ME A SPARKMAIL!
Where did you go??? I totally fell off the wagon with SPark People, and just recently got motivated again. I was going over my spark page and popped over to your page...but no action since August. Whats shakin' ?
Another Auburn fan?! His parents got our kids matching Auburn cheerleading (for our lil girl) outfit and jersey (for our lil boy) shirt. We are always representin Its funny cuz we cant go to Sea World or Disney (he works there so we go more often than an ave family) without atleast one person passing us hollerin "War Eagle!" Its fun!