My new do!
This Bahama Mama is DONE!
Ready for a big night out at OBX!
I am a happily married mother of three boys. I don't spend a lot of time focusing on me. I like to have a good time and I'm a very laid back person.
I am a DONE Girl!
I am DONE being the fat mom.
I am DONE eating the same crap and expecting different results.
I am DONE with excuses.
I am DONE crying.
I am DONE hiding.
I am DONE...
Are you DONE?
I posted this on a message board 2/26/09: I revisited and still believe on 9/26/14 - wow. I should read my own page more often. I am back at it though, we all have slip ups and I am no exception...please read on...
1) Why Am I Overweight? I am overweight because in the past I have eaten what I want, when I want and as much as I want with no intention of working out, being active in any manner and without regard for consequences. I was all about pleasure and indulgence - no self control.
2) Why do I want to lose weight? Well, believe it or not, all of that self indulgence and pleasure I thought I was enjoying was really bringing me down. I was gaining weight but not upset about it - or at least I didn't think it bothered me, but seeing pictures of myself and having many health issues brought on by my weight is opening my eyes. I want to LIVE - not just breathe, but LIVE a quality life!
3) Why have I been unable to maintain weight loss in the past? Because I have never approached weight loss as a healthy lifestyle change. I try fad diets, pills, skipping meals, eating minimal calories and then once I reach my goal or near it I start rewarding myself with food. Oh, glorious food - you know all the stuff I gave up totally to drop the weight, then it's like any other addiction you get a taste and then the cravings kick in. My husband loves me regardless of size so I give in to the cravings and a piece of pizza turns into 5 pieces of pizza, a scoop of ice cream turns into a heaping bowl of ice cream, a handful of chips into a BAG of chips... and so on.
WOW - you're right, this should work. I am shocked by my own responses. I am not discouraged, I am a bit ashamed, but now I am EMPOWERED! I will use this information on my journey and I will keep it safe with me and draw from it the strength I need to stay strong, to stay alive!
Now, ask yourself these 3 questions:
1) Why are you overweight?
2) Why do you want to lose weight?
3) Why have you been unable to maintain weightloss in the past?
This great tool came from my DONE Girls group - thanks fellow DONE Girls.
BAHAMA MAMAS' MANTRA
As Bahama Mamas, we are:
Beautiful beyond words
Amazing inside and out
Healthy for life
Able to handle any challenge
Motivated to succeed
Alive with the thrill of changing our lives
Mighty in our will to resist negativity
Ambitious to reach all goals
Masterfully creating our futures
Always ready for the goodness coming our way
I want to be healthy enough to keep up with three boys!
I want to enjoy going places and trying new things!
Looking for ways to center my kind body and soul.
Choosing a simpler way of life.
Peace of mind, peace of body, peace of spirit. Fitness is holistic.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 16.0
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONE GIRL!!!
297 days ago
Happy belated Birthday, DONE GIRL
Persons born on the Libra-Scorpio cusp can be very critical. They may be in demand when an honest critique is needed, as they often hold nothing back. Likewise, they may be avoided
for their scalding tongue. They may mistrust their intuition. While they are usually coolly objective on any subject, they can also be a bit wild. Once they are committed to a course of action, they will most likely see it through to completion no matter how difficult it may get.
Libra-Scorpio may have some conflicts between what they know intellectually and emotionally. They are charming and attractive, despite their potential detachment.
They need to learn to relax and have some fun. Libra-Scorpio needs to keep themselves open to unusual experiences. If they persist against the odds and don't run away, they can be leave their past behind and embrace whatever is to come. While it is easy for them to be cynical and sarcastic, this attitude can hurt them immensely.
Libra-Scorpio is attractive and seductive. They have an intensity that is difficult to ignore. They are naturals in any social situation. They are good communicators and can handle abstract reasoning with ease. They are more perceptive than they let on. They make loyal friends. Often misunderstood, they can come across as bossy or sarcastic. They may be manipulative or sly.
Libra-Scorpio is interested in both the mystical and the scientific. They may end up self-indulgent or compulsive. They enjoy being lazy just as much s they enjoy challenging pursuits. They are romantic and devoted. They can see all sides to any situation and have a passion and strength that is admirable.
Libra-Scorpio has trouble letting go. They want everything to be perfect, and if something has to be presented in a lesser state they suffer embarrassment.
The Cusp of Drama and Criticism is known for their ambition, intensity, powerful, mystical, loyal, romantic and playful attitudes. They can also be lazy, stubborn, sly, manipulative, sarcastic, volatile, self-indulgent and dictatorial. They do work hard and have a strong sense of sexuality about them.
Those born on the Libra-Scorpio cusp are tenacious. They can be very jealous of others, and may be untruthful. They like to keep a neat appearance. They almost always can come out fine no matter what predicament they get themselves into. They are competitive, positive and conscientious. This innate determination sees them through many rough times. They are independent and they don't like others to meddle in their projects, no matter how well intentioned they are.
300 days ago
Hope you had the best Done girl birthday EVER! ~ Carla
303 days ago
I hope your day was a groovy one!
304 days ago
304 days ago