November 2010 - No More Excuses....Just get it done!
I have 4 pics in my gallery
No More Excuses...
So why am I here? I have been a big girl for the majority of my life. Bad eating habits and lack of nutritional knowledge as a child helped to create the giant that I have become. I have lost 25-30 pounds before, gained it back, lost it, got pregnant, then gained on top of post-pregnancy and ended up at a whopping 285 pounds. I decided that I have had enough! I am putting myself first and I am going to stick it through. I know this journey is not going to be ...
So why am I here? I have been a big girl for the majority of my life. Bad eating habits and lack of nutritional knowledge as a child helped to create the giant that I have become. I have lost 25-30 pounds before, gained it back, lost it, got pregnant, then gained on top of post-pregnancy and ended up at a whopping 285 pounds. I decided that I have had enough! I am putting myself first and I am going to stick it through. I know this journey is not going to be easy, but it will be soooo worth it.
Each day I stay focused and motivated so I make it to my ultimate goal of a healthy and active life. I read motivational pages and numerous success stories and I am inspired by all of the people that have overcome their emotional and psychological issues with food. I always looked at them as if their success was some distant dream I could never achieve. What I have learned from reading and watching all these amazing transformations is that many of these people were just like me at one time. They have inspired me and I hope to one day inspire others as well. I am feeling stronger each day and I know I can do this. WE can do this!
As I have been on this journey I have made several promises to myself that I will put here to remind me of my commitment that I have made:
1) I am human. I will make mistakes and slip along the way, but that does not mean that all is lost. I have to get back on the path ASAP and keep moving forward. In the words of my GPS "recalculating...make a legal u-turn as soon as possible."
2) I will exercise at least 4 days a week. No being lazy. No excuses. Of course I will give my body time to rest, but I have to get up and JUST DO IT!
3) I will track my meals everyday and analyze what I did to make me successful or unsuccessful each week.
4) I will stop being lazy about stretching so I don't injure myself again.
5) I will reward myself along the way. I have to think of what the rewards will be, but I need some incentives along the way.
6) I will log in to my support groups everyday for mutual motivation and support!
7) I will get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep each night which means....no procrastinating during the day/week so I can actually go to bed at a decent time and wake up refreshed.
8) I will have patience with this process. Even though I want this weight to miraculously disappear off of my body overnight, I realize that it will not. I have to work hard each day.
9) I will not be upset when my scale only moves down 1/10 of a pound one week. I will still keep pressing forward.
10) I will make this my lifestyle and not just a lose weight and forget about it bit. This IS my life and I WILL be successful.
Lets do this!!
Weight Loss Stats:
Start date: April 9, 2012
Starting weight: 278.8
Goal weight: 155
| current weight: 282.5
Interact with SKINNYKAT155
Member Since: 11/14/2010
Fitness Minutes: 4,689
SW/HW ugh! - 286.8 - Feb 13, 2013
SW (again) - 282 9/2/13
275 - In progress
265 - October
255 - November
245 - December
235 - January
225 - February
215 - March
205 - April
195- OMG I Can't "Weight!"
185 - June
175 - July -100lbs
165 - August
155 - September = GOAL!!
Lots of protein, fruits and veggies. Minimal to no processed garbage. 8-12 glasses of water per day. Meticulous tracking on SP.
Exercise: Elliptical, strength training, hula/Polynesian dance class.
My name is Kat. I am 33 years old and I live in Salem, Oregon, but I am originally from California. Happy Sparking!
Your Goals - Your Doubts = Your Reality