Hi sherry just stop by to say hello, I havent spoke to you in awhile hope things are going great for you, for ive been better but still gotta push it to stay on top , I seen roloha on your page did you join WW, Ive been thinking about it but havent decided yet, please keep in touch with me and keep up the good wwork
Sherry - Welcome to the WW Friends SparkTeam. I hope you will find as much motivation and support as you need and plent to share. I have found participation here to really help me keep my focus on my personal goals so keep coming back and keep working the program! Robin 3620 days ago
This came from another spark person and I thought it was so good I wanted to be able to find it. Since I didn't know where else to put it I stuck it here. I hope it will also help anyone else who my struggle with the plateau's.
whenever I hit a plateau, my friend runs through this checklist with me:
Its a sorta back-to-basics thing:
1. Are you weighing & measuring your food, or guesstimating. Guesstimating will usually put you over the right portion sizes.
2. Getting in at least 8 cups of water, 5 fruits & veggies, two dairies per day. Believe it or not, those things are essential to weight loss.
3. Are you eating at the same calorie range (points) every day? If you're always at the lower range (1200) or the higher (1500) change it up some. Do not let your body adjust to eating the same amount everyday. Some days eat low, some days eat high. Keep your body guessing. If it adjusts to the same calories daily, it will think you're trying to maintain instead of lose.
4. Same thing with exercise. If you're doing the same exercises for the same amount of time everyday, change it up. Today do aerobics, tomorrow do the treadmill One week do something else, next week do the treadmill. Keep the body confused instead of stable.
5. Are you eating alot of foods with sodium? Many processed foods contain alot of sodium Its important to track your sodium, and if its in the upper ranges make sure you drink lots of water to flush it out.