April 2013 <3
my birthday 2007, miserable!
Shared Food Tracker
Hi. I'm Shellie - I'm a 27 year old stay at home Wife and Mom who has struggled with my weight since puberty. My family always thought I had a thyroid issue, but when I started to try to get pregnant in 2006... I got an exam and blood work that showed I have PCOS. I took Metformin for a year and in 2007, I "attempted" exercise and lost about 20-30 pounds over a few months then finally got pregnant after 14 months. Then after having my 1st baby I lost more weight from giving birth.
January 10th 2009 I put my MOTIVATION into full gear and It turned out to be my LIFE CHANGING YEAR! I learned so much about myself, life, God and how to truly find my inner happiness and latch on it! YOU CAN TOO but YES, it does take hard work mentally and physically but everything that takes hard work will give you a huge blessing in the end! I OWE IT ALL TO MY HEAVENLY FATHER and the things I did in 2009 was with nothing but MOTIVATION, FAITH and my Heavenly Father guiding me EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!
I REACHED MY 1st GOAL OF 140 POUNDS ON 12/26/2009
(However, I have gained some of the weight back over the years from the mess I'm in)
**** OF COURSE MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS 115-122 AND I HOPE TO REACH THAT IN 2013 ***** update: I WILL REACH IT IN 2013.
"Don't look at how far you have to go, look at how far you've come"
NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!
After my EPIC weight loss in 2009... I have been struggling with my health since late 2009. Something happened with my health while I was losing weight and I wound up in a mess. 2010 was the worst year of my ENTIRE LIFE. A lot of miserable symptoms. I was not the same person. My regular Doc in late 2010 heard my health problems and basically said I was crazy & needed to go on anti-depressants because my blood work was "normal" to them. However, fast forward after lots of suffering, sinus infections, and a roller coaster ride - I went to my hormone Doctor in November 2011 to get my first step to figuring out my big problem. He did in-depth blood work to find that my thyroid numbers might be considered "normal" to most Docs, but when actually mine were a bit LOW!!!!!! Also, my thyroid anti-bodies were really high. That meant my immune system was angry and attacking my own body, including my THYROID, which is why it was/is low. I have had online guidance from a holistic Doctor since late 2010. When I told him about my thyroid results, he automatically diagnosed me with Hashimoto's thyroiditis - which is what I mentioned above about the immune system attacking my body.
I have spent since 2010 researching, experimenting, and trying various things in hopes of feeling "normal" again. I tried a low dose of Armour in late 2011, but stopped after a few months because I felt no difference. I did a 24 day juice fast in June 2011, but felt terrible the whole time - proving that my body needed SERIOUS detox support. I finally was able in December 2012 to go to a Naturopath and finally get SOLID ANSWERS. She did blood and saliva testing, to find that my thyroid was having trouble converting T4 to T3, I have leaky gut, low morning cortisol, but all my female hormones were okay!! (WOOHOO). I have been working with her ever since and we've tried different supplements and are trying more now.
She suggested that I give the homeopathic HCG program a try, so that is my mission now. This program should help me get down within my goal weight range, while also helping everything else that is out of whack. (thyroid, gut, adrenals) I pray for healing and I am going to do this with a heart of hope and faith!!!! After I'm done losing the weight and start feeling great then I will work on building muscle and being super fit... and that is my dream. Feel super awesome and be super fit! Update: I lost 20 pounds on the 42 day HCG program!
I will get there, no matter what!
PAST & CURRENT STATS:
height: 5'3" 1/2
highest weight: 250 pounds (2006)
highest weight: 172 pounds (early 2011)
lowest weight: 135 pounds (2/18/2010)
current weight: 142 pounds (4/29/13)
goal weight: 115-122 pounds !!!!!!!
goal body fat: 17-19% !!!!!!!!
highest pants size: 22 (2006)
pants size: 10
2009 MONTH BY MONTH WEIGHT LOSS:
1st month lost = 7lbs
2nd month lost = 4lbs
3rd month lost = 8lbs
4th month lost = 9lbs
5th month lost = 7lbs
6th month lost = 6lbs
7th month lost = 8lbs
8th month lost = 6lbs
9th month lost = 8lbs
10th month lost = 6lbs
11th month lost = 5lbs
12th month lost = 2lbs
TOTAL LOST: 76 pounds
TIPS FOR YOU!
- Reach for that water first!
- If you HAVE to have something, reach for fruit or veggies
- GUM!!! I prefer Trident :)
- If NOTHING ELSE, try to take your mind off food and focus on something else. Staying busy will help you resist those temptations
[FULLNESS TIPS] Some tips to help you stay full!
- Drink water! Sometimes we feel hungry but we're actually dehydrated
- Eat every few hours in smaller portions
- MORE FIBER!
- Eat a little slower
- Cut your food up a bit more
- Before you reach for something else right after eating, wait 20 minutes to see if that fullness hits your tummy
[MOTIVATION TIPS] Find something that drives you toward wanting this new lifestyle
I find motivation through:
- MY FAMILY! Brad and Katie NEED ME so I want to be as healthy as I can FOR THEM! I want to live a few extra years FOR THEM!
- God. Plain and simple.. I get strength and motivation from my faith
- MUSIC! I LOVE music so MUCH and listening to a pumped up song helps get and keep me going
- Being in a routine helps me stay in line with my eating and exercise
- Looking at old pictures of me.. ugh. I DO NOT WANT TO BE LIKE THAT AGAIN and I use that to motivate myself to go forward!
[BEGINNERS TIPS FOR EATING BETTER]
- raid your cabinets and get RID of the junk food
- stop buying tempting junk food at the store. i know it's tempting but DON'T, just DON'T!
- research healthier alternatives to your favorite foods - this can be fun and hey, better for you in the end!
- avoid ANY TEMPTATIONS such as fast food!
- reduce your soda intake and gradually introduce more WATER! there is nothing better for your body
- shoot for the 8 8oz glasses of water a day. your body will thank you.
- to help with water intake, buy a fitness water bottle and keep it with you whenever you can
- LOG YOUR FOOD! I cannot say it enough how much this HELPED ME! sparkpeople.com is my food log!
- calories IN, calories OUT! healthy eating alone won't give you a big change but CAN combined w/exercise!
- compose a new healthy menu for yourself then adjust over time as needed
- PORTION and MODERATION control! These are KEY elements!!!
- Buy measuring cups (1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup) and get used to using them for portion control
- Read labels on foods, you'll be really really surprised by what you read on most
- Attempt to figure out how many calories you eat per day right now
- Find out how many calories you are going to need with this change
- Go for 1-200 calories less than your eating now then as you lose weight reduce calories slowly
- ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST! It will help give you energy
- I recommend eating your 3 main meals and 2-3 snacks and even an appropriate dessert ;)
- say NO to all things that are going to tempt you!
- This is not a DIET, it is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE! A "diet" will get you right back where you started!
- Learn to stick with these changes and DO NOT back down and YOU WILL HAVE CHANGE!
Do not be afraid of change! Do not be afraid to fail... we are all going to hit stumbling blocks along the way but we have to find the strength to pick right back up and TRY then TRY again and again until we finally get it right and we WILL and DO If we do everything we're supposed to!
"Take this life and make it YOURS****" - Three Days Grace
- GET TO 115-120LBS
- BODY FAT 17-19%
- DRINK MORE WATER
- STAY STEADFAST
- WEAR A SIZE 4!
- RUN A 7/8 MIN MILE
- OPTIOMAL T3 & IRON
42 day natural HCG program: my Naturopath suggested I try this program to help me detox and lose the extra weight that won't budge.
HCG start: February 27 13
HCG end: April 9 13
starting weight: 162
ending weight: 142
20 pounds lost!
Now, I'm eating around ~1,200 calories a day, gluten-free, dairy free, low carb, moderate amount of healthy fat, and a good amount of protein :)
| current weight: 140.0