Thailand Nov 2014 - Feeling very uncomfortable in my own skin
This needs to change, very uncomfortable at this weight and I hate pics right now (10/14)
I felt huge here, realized this is what I look like and how everyone else sees me.
Shared Fitness Tracker
SHELLE13 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
I am quickly learning that is becoming a motto for me in 2016!
I am DONE doing things I've done before and expecting different results. It's time to change things up! And...I am making great progress!
I have made an ample amount of changes in my life over the past few months, the past few weeks and by golly, the last few days! I am finishing up two health coaching certifications right now and will be starting my own business. My focus will be on the before and after of childhood dieting.
Initially, I want to working with parents to teach them healthy eating so their kids do not have to be put on diets or restrictive plan. I know from personal experience, it doesn't work. Also, kids tend to follow what their parents do, not what they say. How many of us had a mom or dad that was overweight or always dieting? I'm sure the percentage is fairly high.
I am going to learn and grow from this experience! I am going to help others because I have been in these shoes. I will not feel helpless or frustrated anymore. I am so glad I found a program that is finally working for me and follows sound nutritional guidelines. And, I have such great support and friends here on SP, what more could I ask for?!
1) To learn and implement consistent healthy eating in my life
2) To change my self-talk to be positive and get back to a healthy self-esteem
3) To help others make positive changes in their life, increasing their health and well-being
4) To help parents understand the value of setting an example of healthy eating
5) To make a difference in the lives of heavy children and set them up for success so they never have to be put on a restrictive eating plan or diet because of their weight
* Clean eating, portion control
* 30 min of exercise every day
* Drink a superfoods shake everyday
* Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep each night
* Keep stress at bay
* Help others
* Keep a positive mindset and attitude of gratitude
* Continue with working on my own personal development
* Location: Southern California
* Love the beach, walking outdoors, hanging out with friends, going to the movies, reading, dancing, Zumba, exercise (yes, I actually like it!) and have a passion for travel.
* Truly believe you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to!
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit".
"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of."
"You is kind. You is smart. You is important." ~Aibileen Clark, The Help
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." ~Henry Ford
"Do or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda
"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." ~Lucille Ball
"You can't out train a bad diet." ~Anonymous
Secrets of Success
| March Minutes: 1,058
A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.
― William Shakespeare
Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.— Amy Poehler
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
— Oprah Winfrey
If you wanna find out who's a true friend, screw up or go through a challenging time ... then see who sticks around.
— Karen Salmonsohn
“We'll be friends forever, won't we, Pooh?" Asked Piglet. "Even longer," Pooh answered."
— Winnie The Pooh
107 days ago
Thanks for welcoming me to The Team! Blessings ,BONNIE
108 days ago
for the nice welcome to the done girls team. I appreciate it. Have a great day and wishing you much good luck on your journey to success also.
108 days ago
Thank you for your very motivational comment . You made me feel very welcome in the "Done girl" group!
109 days ago
Thanks for stopping by my page!
109 days ago