This will be my reward when I lose 50 lbs - a portable musical instrument for the Camino!
2013-12-20 My plan continues to be to consistently focus on small steps and decisions that will make me strong, flexible and vigorous. Instead of reaching for comfort food, I will reach for comfort memories and goals: skating at night on the canal, waterfall rapeling, attending dance and music festivals, hiking in the fall, biking on the paths under a full moon along the river...
I am adopting a healthier lifestyle to rediscover the daring, adventurous person I use to be. I suddenly realized that if I can face cancer three times, I can certainly deal with the 'bonus' of excess poundage it's left me!
* My SP Start Date: Sept 9, 2010
* To feel confident enough in my strength and stamina to resume hiking and biking
* To challenge myself to do one new activity per month
* To generally eat nutritiously, log, and pay attention to how I'm reacting to food (emotionally and physically)
@ Jan 2, 2014: Blogged about the 12 things I'm reaching for
* In 2014 - Reading and putting into practice Julia Cameron's "The Writing Diet" (I had put in on hold)
@Dec 20, 2013: recovery from surgery (again)
* Start incorporating gentle exercise
* carbs are not my friends
* sodium is not my friend
* sugar - in any of its forms, natural or not - is not my friend
I guess these are more like my milestones:
* January 10, 2014 - Doc says no cancer found, only pre-cancerous cells. WooHoo - no treatments required!
* December 6, 2013 - removal of uterus, fallopians, ovaries because of pre-cancerous cells. Not sure if my "cancer free" status starts over now...
* February 13, 2013 - 25th Wedding Anniversary!!!
* December 3, 2012
Two years cancer free (which I count from the end of my last treatment for IBC).
* Nov 25, 2006 - total thyroidectomy, for thyca
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
All glory comes from daring to begin.
Life tastes better than food.
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 2.4
I like the new pictures.
751 days ago
Yes! It is great to have our daughter back in the U S! She is back for at least a few years. I received your comment on my current status. I don't think I have anything set on private. I hope you're feeling o k. Hugs, Laurel
758 days ago
Comment edited on: 8/4/2014 3:14:54 PM
I am asking to join the BTS (Beyond the scale) team. It sounds like exactly what you are looking for too. A friend is referring me to the Pink Pirates. You can read her comment on my blog if you like.
759 days ago
Welcome to the Starfish Team!
Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with.
799 days ago
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comments. You will have to get some pictures of your tide pool adventures! It would be awesome to see them.
I also added you as a sparkfriend, and I have to say again how awesome I think your 12 Things blog was! It was very inspiring to me!!!
801 days ago
Comment edited on: 6/22/2014 5:17:50 AM