This will be my reward when I lose 50 lbs - a portable musical instrument for the Camino!
2013-12-20 My plan continues to be to consistently focus on small steps and decisions that will make me strong, flexible and vigorous. Instead of reaching for comfort food, I will reach for comfort memories and goals: skating at night on the canal, waterfall rapeling, attending dance and music festivals, hiking in the fall, biking on the paths under a full moon along the river...
I am adopting a healthier lifestyle to rediscover the daring, adventurous person I use to be. I suddenly realized that if I can face cancer three times, I can certainly deal with the 'bonus' of excess poundage it's left me!
* My SP Start Date: Sept 9, 2010
* To feel confident enough in my strength and stamina to resume hiking and biking
* To challenge myself to do one new activity per month
* To generally eat nutritiously, log, and pay attention to how I'm reacting to food (emotionally and physically)
@ Jan 2, 2014: Blogged about the 12 things I'm reaching for
* In 2014 - Reading and putting into practice Julia Cameron's "The Writing Diet" (I had put in on hold)
@Dec 20, 2013: recovery from surgery (again)
* Start incorporating gentle exercise
* carbs are not my friends
* sodium is not my friend
* sugar - in any of its forms, natural or not - is not my friend
I guess these are more like my milestones:
* January 10, 2014 - Doc says no cancer found, only pre-cancerous cells. WooHoo - no treatments required!
* December 6, 2013 - removal of uterus, fallopians, ovaries because of pre-cancerous cells. Not sure if my "cancer free" status starts over now...
* February 13, 2013 - 25th Wedding Anniversary!!!
* December 3, 2012
Two years cancer free (which I count from the end of my last treatment for IBC).
* Nov 25, 2006 - total thyroidectomy, for thyca
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
All glory comes from daring to begin.
Life tastes better than food.
|646 Days since: Sugar
Hello and welcome to our very supportive team Chair Exercise ... we have challenges to help you to get moving, chat where you can meet the team and have a chatů.. We have challenges to help you to get moving, brain teasers to keep your mind moving, enjoy your journey with us to health, happiness and feeling great
You have made the right choice to become a part of our team and from my experience I can say that you will be greatly be benefited here. Help in the form of our leaders.
We wish you all the Best.
Co-Leader Chair Exercise Team
648 days ago
I made my choice when I gave notice on July 1 to terminate my tenancy at my apartment. I think one of the big things that has hit me is that once I've moved, I won't have much alone time. Grandma isn't going out very much anymore. And I just kind of realized that it means on my days off won't really be days off. I know that sounds awful. And I feel so guilty feeling this way. But the only way I'll get some quality "ME" time is if I go hide out at friends' houses during the day while they're at work.
I will confess that one pair of friends has already asked me to house/pet sit for them from Sep. 1-6. And I jumped at the chance.
I have these overwhelming feelings that this living situation is going to be very stressful for me. And I feel terrible that the only thing that is going to get me through this is the knowledge that on April 1, 2015 I will be getting on a plane and moving to Barbados.
I must sound like a broken record. But I'm just having a hard time processing the feelings of anxiety, fear, guilty, stress and sadness. I know there should be some excitement in there too...but I just keep getting hung up on everything I'm giving up.
650 days ago
Sorry to hear the summer challenge was hampered by health issues for you.
I'm not sure if I'll tackle the fall challenge. I have a lot going on right now and don't know if I'd be able to focus on it. But... if you want to give it a go, sign up now and let me know what team and I'll join you.
650 days ago
How did you do on the Summer Challenge?
653 days ago
I like the new pictures.
659 days ago